1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wander, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The three major conferences are over, everyone's minds are blown, I came buckets, and the dust is settling. FF13 English trailer, FF14 already, The Last Guardian extended trailer, Mario Galaxy 2, NSMBWii, Other M...and BAM! the bottom of an avatar's shoe.

Please tell me I wasn't the only person to watch it.

2. crystaltriforce

i'm still watching the new trailers. they look f-ing awsome

3. Shevanel

I totally forgot about it, I'll have to look around online now. I totally would of loved to have watched it. oh well. (Btw, your sig = awesome)

4. Just Adam

well as the main consoles go i only watched the pplaystation conference as thats what im interested in and overall what a waste of nearly 2 hours that could be covered in 10mins :S

they spent 3/4 nearly id say on psp :S i like the look of the new GO but i aint paying to download games again or movies i have and what if it gets damaged or lost what happens to your games is there a way to back these up externally as i aint paying for the games again... they werent kind enough to mention this in the 70+ mins nor the transfer of games allthough they will look into that

assassins creed 2 looks good but i knew it would
    mag 256 or so online shooter :grin: how could i not love
    mod nation racers create your own track... feels like theme park controls
    sony new motion control.... best bit of conference was truelly amaizing i can see the future right there from driving to mystery games to strategy and shooters... i tell you watch the press conference and skip to the section its so cool

also for pc and ds house m.d & murder she wrote... i so need house :grin:

5. Just Adam

360 will get mass effect 2 i want ... if ps3 got mass effect 360 would just have nothing also a press conference that had nothing on the new metal gear mainstream console and no modern warfare 2 :S

2c massive hitters ignored and all we got of big hitters? a vid of gt 5 a game thats never gonna come out cos they keep adding and changeing stuff in it :S

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was surprised that Katamari Forever didn't even get a mention, but at least there were some clips tossed into the compilation videos. But I don't think I saw even a glimpse of Bayonetta, which is disappointing considering it was what I was really looking forward to.

On another note - no Star Fox, F-Zero, Kirby, or Pikmin. It's been what, four years since the last console installment in any of these series? So very sad.

7. Adam

Only thing I cared about really was New Super Mario Bros Wii

8. SouthBeach

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw a few glimpses of Bayonetta today, they were very small and fast.

I was highly disappointed with Nintendo's conference, Sony's conference was OK, the only thing I liked was the announcement of FF14. The new PSP is hideous, BTW, I will not be owning one. As far as Microsoft goes, I'd say they had the best conference of the 3. I'm super stoked for Halo: Reach, aswell as Left 4 Dead 2 and Assasin's Creed 2.

9. mattypants

omg! i wanna beta MAG NOW!!!

10. sdc91

Golden Sun Ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm almost the opposite - I've never been a fan of Microsoft's gaming line, Sony impressed me with its game announcements but not the hardware (note to all three: I don't care about sales figures), and Nintendo had a lot of good (Golden Sun DS, SMG2, NSMBW, M&LRPG3, Other M) and a lot of shit (Style Savvy, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, and A FUCKING PULSE SENSOR). At least Sony and their audience both knew they were joking with the Hannah Montana stuff.

And because it's too funny not to post, the highlight of Microsoft 09:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXN7vLPsDSM[/YOUTUBE]

Don't forget the remix!

12. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't help myself!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5c_MEs9mo[/YOUTUBE]
    [​IMG]

13. China33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i wanna beta MAG NOW!!!

14. crystaltriforce

the new dissidia trailer is sweet, but i'm suprised they didn't have any trailers for the zelda wii game

15. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was fairly pleased by the English voices for Dissidia, except maybe Kuja's, but I really don't blame them - it's going to be hard for anyone to match his and Kefka's Japanese voice actors. Of course, I'm already bored of the Japanese version, so I doubt I'll be picking up the English one, but at least they're putting some effort into it.

I'm actually glad they didn't show any trailers of Wii Zelda yet. They made a huge mistake giving trailers for Twilight Princess two, three years before the planned release date, then pushing it farther and farther back until it would have taken a masterpiece to fulfill everyone's expectations. That and my head is already spinning from everything else revealed over the last few days, I really don't need the added hype of a new console Zelda.

16. crystaltriforce

i personally liked the voice they gave kuja, it seems to fit him,i wonder what other characters they are gonna add into the english version. and they could have at least given out some pics or a teaser trailer instead of saying it will be diffrent then all the other zelda games.

#16 crystaltriforce, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  17. FinalFantasyFan

^This! I have waited soooo long for this game to finally be made, and it looks like my waiting is paying off! :thumbsup:

I also was really interested in the Super Mario Galaxy 2 trailer. It looks like there will be enough new stuff to make it interesting. If you couldn't tell, I am and have always been a nintendo console child. The legend of Zelda series is my favorite series ever, but I love mario, metroid, and Golden Sun as well. :icon_bigg

18. crystaltriforce

yeah the new metroid and G.S. trailers look f-ing awsome as well as the final fantasy trailers

19. Alex19

all the final fantasys + golden sun ds = heaven on earth

20. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "Other"? They haven't said a thing about new characters in the English version.

I also don't remember them ever saying Wii Zelda would be totally different. If I recall correctly, Miyamoto talked at the roundtable discussion about how it was being built in the same style as TP, and the biggest change would be potential MotionPlus functionality. Or maybe you're talking about Spirit Tracks, which looks boring so far - I can't tell.