1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

harry potter movie/last book (SPOILERS FROM POST #53)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sam, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Sam

Sam

Who has seen the new movie? I'm going to see it tomorrow. How are you feeling about the last book? anybody excited?

2. CelebrityHead

Re: harry potter movie/last book

I saw the new movie last night - it is sooo good! Seriously way better than the last four movies... and omg the part where they're in the Department of Mysteries... AWESOME!!
    Yeah I can't wait till the last book, but I reckon I'd buy it once the initial rush is over... just hopefully nobody will spoil the ending for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Rette

I saw a midnight showing of it. It's really good, but they had to rush through everything pretty fast. I imagine you won't get anywhere near as much out of it if you haven't read the book.

4. Micah

Saw the movie today.

LOVED it :slight_smile: But then again I read the book and understood it all 100%

5. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I loved the movie, but I don't know if I would have if I hadn't read the book.

Luna Lovegood is about the cutest thing ever! I wouldn't have imagined her like that from reading the book.
    I'm totally going to a party on midnight the day the book comes out at Barnes and Noble. :grin:

6. Steam Giant

The new movie was absolutely awesome ^^ I LOVED it! If you haven't seen it yet, go see it now! Hell, if you have seen it already, go see it again! NOW!!

7. Atom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

The new movie, despite skipping and warping almost everything important from the book (I know they can't add everything...but still!), was AMAZING! It was so much better than all of the last four movies. The part int he department of mysteries was awesome (they seemed to do the Dumbledore battle perfectly!), except what was with the black and white blurs!? What kind of magic was that? Apparation? It kind of got cliche with the whole black versus white, good versus evil, but I suppose it had to be like that. And what about Tonks? My sister, who has not read the books, had to ask me about four times who she was (they didn't explain about her being a "Metamorphmagus"!).

I loved all the acting, especially that of (I don't know the real names, so I'll put the characters' names) Bellatrix Lestrange, Luna Lovegood, and especially Dolores Umbridge.

Besides my huge criticism, I still loved the movie in it's entirety. And, of course, I'm hella excited for the seventh book.

8. Zec24

I hope I get to see the movie soon, but I'm more excited for the book. Unfortunately I may have to wait a while to read it since I'm doing work on my Senior Thesis and its proving to be a lot of reading. Then again, I'll make time to read the book even if I have to skip on sleep...

9. SadConfusedBandGeek

If i had not read the book, the movie would probably not have any content in my mind, they had to cut out lots of the plot and things, and makes it seem more amatuer-ish. But since i have read the book, i automatically add all the content to the movie.
    I think the cast Luna Lovegood, AMAZINGLY, except her voice frankly DRIVES ME UP THE WALL!!!!! But they still did her perfectly.
    Also Bellatrix Lestrange, was cast AMAZINGLY! She was perfectly insane and crazy, and when Harry was using the cruciatus curse (sp.) on her she played that part SO PERFECT!!
    And umbridge, PERFECT also, she just made me SOOO MAD!!!!!!! I HATED HER with ALL my guts!!! But that was the intended result so good job:slight_smile:
    I was dissapointed how much they left out of Harry's Romance with Cho, and Hagrid's brother (i cant seem to remember his name)
    But the movie was still amazing!

(ALSO the scene at the trainstation, when harry is dreaming on the train, and he sees voldemort, in a suit and tie OMFG!!!!!!! THAT SCARED THE FU***** CRAP OUTA ME!!! The first time i freaked out, the second time i almost screamed!! SOO DISTURBING!)

10. c_jayo6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

idk...I'm having mixed emotions. The room with all the prophecys in it was kinda cool. The lady who played Bellatrix was amazing. Luna was incredible. The acting was good. But for some reason I feel like there wasnt a lot of dialouge. Idk, the effects were pretty good. But it was a Hollywood film, so the expectations shouldnt have been that High. As always though, the book was so much better. Question: Did the film go kinda fast or was it just me?

ps. Hagrids brothers name is Grawp

And as far as the book goes...I'm so pumped I can hardly contain myself. I'm going invisible for about 3 days after that book comes out. I cant and wont have any interaction with anyone/anything. If the ending is spoiled for me I'm gonna be so pissed its not even funny. So I have to disappear. Dont want a repeat of half-blood prince.

11. Re: harry potter movie/last book

I cant wait to see the movie I'm going next week

As for the book, all I'll say is what I said before as long as my predicted ending happens I'll be satisfied

12. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I liked the movie a lot, even though they had to cut out a lot of stuuf and switch some stuff around to fit it into 135 minutes.

13. NACHO

well the movie was ok i guess but it was missing ALOT from the book!

harry looked hot thought hhahahah

14. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).

yeah I went to watch the movie today and i must admit it was pretty damn good. I enjoyed it to be honest. Which is strange for me, as i'd rather watch something like that snuggled up on the sofa than in the cinema.

Some funny cracks in it, and some good acting from Daniel Radcliffe.

15. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

It isn't available in Uruguay yet........................... :tears:

16. Jerr

Movie=horrible... They were getting better with the movies but this 5th one was just unfortunate beyond all belief. Oh well.

Last book... well I have my voucher and I'm getting it midnight release of it.

17. Sam

Sam

I went to see the movie yesterday. I thought it was okay but it was missing a lot.... too much if they would have only let the movie be a little longer then they could have added more of the book into the movie. I have pre-ordered the last book so it will come in the mail on the 21st I can't wait! I will probably start reading it and not stop until its finished.

18. Jerr

Ok I must add more...

The movie was quite horrible but... it took everything in me not to stand up and declare that Dan Radcliff was possibly one of the most attractive individuals I have ever seen...

I was boy crazy that night...

The Weasley twins were getting me all worked up as well.... lol

19. 24601

I really wanna see the movie... I haven't seen all of the others, actually. I've read all the books though. I wanna read the book, too, but I know I won't be able to get it first day, and haven't preordered. So whatever, I'll read it eventually.

20. dreamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Me too, though i've just found out that im working all day the book comes out...gutted! If anybody tells me the ending I wont be a happy!

Im waiting to see the new film until after I've read the book, I find it ruines the imagination a bit.

Anyone got any bright ideas on how they're going to make the last films before they clearly can't pass as school kids any longer?!