1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual Console

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Paralyzer, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Paralyzer

So I've been neglecting my consoles and handheld devices ever since 2009 began. Today I was looking through the small selection of games at Target to appease my urge of gaming only to find that I am uninterested in pretty much everything.

I came home to perhaps find something on the virtual console, but I'm scared of wasting money on something I won't enjoy. I feel 5 dollars for a dead NES game is too much money, but I'm willing to spend if I will enjoy.

I'm asking for opinions on a virtual game you may have purchased... or opinions on an actual game you may have purchased. I don't care for the genre too much, I just want to feel that addicted urge again.

Note, I'm a Nintendo boy...

Virtual Games I've purchased so far are: SMB3, Mario RPG, and Super Mario World SNES

The last Wii game I bought is Star Wars: The Force Unleashed...

DS game suggestions too please :grin:

Thanks for any advice!

2. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl is Amazing.

World of Goo(Virtual Console) is pretty fun. And so is Star Fox 64.

3. Paralyzer

I was considering World of Goo but do you think it's worth 15 dollars? And Star Fox 64 does sound nice...
    I've got SSBB by the way

4. DexterMorgan

I've played World of Goo on the PC, I've spent quite a few hours playing it nonstop!

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    World of Goo is the best WiiWare game so far, no exceptions.

Some others I would recommend:
    -My Life as a King (as addictive as an MMO without monthly fees)
    -FF4: The After Years (only if you've played FF4; if you haven't, don't bother)
    -Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (in that order; considered by many the best games ever created)
    -Mega Man 9 (just as difficult as the original NES games, if you're looking for retro fun)
    -Paper Mario (an excellent light-hearted RPG that shares a few traits with SMRPG)
    -Zelda: Link to the Past (one of my favorite SNES games, set the standard for future Zeldas)
    -Donkey Kong Country (beautiful SNES platformer, introduced the Donkey Kong used in all future DK products)
    -Mario Kart 64 (might not be worth it if you own more modern Mario Karts, but it is the cheapest in the series right now)

6. Tim

Tim

Leave it to me to be an idiot, don't even know what WiiWare is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I've heard of it, but that's about it, and that Super Mario RPG was on it, so would suggest that, but u already has it :O I still have the original SNES version XD

7. Paralyzer

SO
    I bought World of Goo for 15 dollars and completed it... now what? haha... I guess I work on getting as many goo balls as possible? fun...

So I was in gamestop the other day talking to the lady that works there and I asked her about good games. She mentioned a few to me and then standing there, I realized that I don't feel like wasting my Summer. I remembered all of my personal goals I needed to accomplish and thought about how unappealing videogames have become. Even playing and completeing epic games on my nephews Xbox 360 like Fable, Halo, CoD, and racing games... and games like GTA and Shadow of the Colussus(sp, but awesome fun :]) on my nephews PS2.. I just don't agree with the price of games verses their enjoyability and the amount of time they consume before I'm having fun.

The only thing that entertains me quickly regarding videogames are Metroid, Resident Evil, Pokemon, The Sims... and LoZ I suppose.
    Videogames...
    ?

Idk...

I still plan on getting StarFox64... if only Nintendo would allow me to purchase a dollars worth of virtual money rather than 10. What the hell am I supposed to do with 900 points? :frowning2:

#7 Paralyzer, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Buy an SNES game?

9. Paralyzer

I've looked through and kirby is appealing to me but to think that a virtual copy of the game costs more than the cartridge I still posses makes me sick.

10. djt820

Emulators ftw!