1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Girl?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by The Enigma, Jun 9, 2009.

1. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-12510.html#

Did this upset anyone else? I was like...wow. That's really fucked up. When I think Trans people, I think of people my age. Not so young. Yet that school pretty much told her that she's not allowed to exist in her school. And her quote: "Everytime I go to bed I keep praying I wake up the way I feel" kinda got me too. :frowning2:

2. littledinosaurs

Again this is sad but private schools can do whatever they want and people really need to learn that lesson and stop trying to push the limits and then getting upset when they get kicked out.

3. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, gender is a concept that pops up very early...
    I am so glad she has such supportive parents, they sound amazing. It's too bad her school isn't. Though, because of this she gets to start new at a different school, I think that would be so much easier than transitioning somewhere where everyone already knows her as a guy.

4. Just Adam

im happy and thankful the public school will allow her to be herself :slight_smile:

i never thought you could be so sure of yourself so youg its very interesting.

as for private school ive always hated them all my life they are horrid places. it started for me with the snobishness that surrounds them how the kids would come out and think they were better than other kids because their parents were influencial or had money or were part of the group that the school allowed.... then later when i was about 13 i think i found how restrictive and isolating the places are ... i tell everyone i know dont send you kids to private school i know you want them to get the best education possible but i believe these places do more harm than good to a child:frowning2: ( just my opinion though)

5. Shevanel

They aren't "horrid" places. I know that's just your opinion, but I truly don't know what kind of private school made you get this view.

As for the story, It's sad but Jarrett is right. Private schools can do what they want.

6. Just Adam

the fact they can do what they want gives them enough scope to be horrid places and i know my opinion dont mean much thats all it is and others may have great experiences.

7. -Michael-

I'm more shocked there is an eight yearold trans!

I reckon it's wrong.

8. starfish

Not sure what you mean by this.

9. -Michael-

Well an 8 year old girl!

...boy?

Come on, at 8 i barely knew what a girl was.

EDIT- no scratch that.

I don't know...

I reckon it's silly.
    At some point EVERYCHILD has either wore the dads trainers or mothers high heels...

I think they're making too big a thing out of it.

10. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, the use of "its" in your first post could be considered very offensive. In addition to this, many kids know the difference in between societies definition of boys and that of girls by the age of 4 or less. Think about it, most kids start school around 4, that also means the start of boys bathrooms and girls bathrooms. Even if you don't start going to a school until grade 1, you are still 5 or six years old!
    Also, yeah, nearly every kid does that but there is more to it than that...
    You might want to look at this http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20250

11. Greggers

Sigh. I am SO not suprised she got kicked out of her private school.

Do i think its right? No.

Do i think they HAVE the right? Yes.

Do i think they SHOULD have that right? NO FREAKING WAY!!!

Letting private schools, churches, families, ect. brainwash kids into thinking they are "bad" or "wrong" or "lesser" because of something they were born with is not only wrong, but it makes me sick. These people are doing permanent damage to the children by making them self-loathe. If you're born gay, trans, disabled, a certain race, or any number of things you have no control over then i dont think ANYONE should have the right to discriminate against you in any place, no matter what it is or who runs it.

I really feel for this girl and i hope that she can overcome all the shit the world has to throw at her.

#11 Greggers, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  12. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this (minus the "your" at the beginning :icon_wink)

13. Greggers

Edited that part heh. I blame my dyslexia!

14. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always blame dyslexia, even though I'm not actually dyslexic... Either that or I blame my again-not-actually-but-whatever dyslexic fingers!