1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Help

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lostinthought9, Jun 14, 2009.

1. lostinthought9

OK, My problem is my laptop keeps playing some unknown sound (as if it were a video), and I can't figure out the source of it!!

And, yes I have restarted my computer numerous times and tried Ctrl + Alt + Del. But I just can't find the program that it's playing from.

This has been going on for a week now, everyday, and it's really ticking me off.:tantrum:
    It has played video (assuming) sounds from Family Guy, some British Broadcasting Station, and some music, and just recently some news team where they were covering Bret Michaels when he hit his head. *sigh*

If ANYONE knows what the problem is, or could offer suggestions, PLEASE let me know.
    :help:

2. SirBoobalot

rofl!

Have you tried going through your sys tray and closing anything unnecessary; closing programs, etc? Tried a different user account?

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Omg! Your avatar is Xena! I looove Xena!!

4. lostinthought9

ehhh..I dont know what a sys tray is. I'm ignorant when it comes to this stuff...:frowning2:

and Enigma, lol where have you been? My avatar has always been Xena-related. haha
    and I love Xena too! :grin:

5. fallendream

what'cha do is,

go into task manager and highlight and end task EVERYTHING, even task manager.

or

do a system restore to before it started.

6. You got any antivirus?

7. Trystan

what can I say, you're running windows for starters ¬¬

sorry I can be of no other help.. :frowning2: though it sounds quite entertaining :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. SirBoobalot

Don't do that - it won't do any damage but it will shut your computer down, so you'd never know if it had worked. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The sys tray is the little bit on the right hand end of your task bar - with the computer clock and the volume button etc on it.