1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovision Song Contest 2007

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Paul_UK, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Does anyone in the UK have a DVD or VHS copy of the 2007 contest with Terry Wogan's commentary? If so, can I borrow it please? I'll cover the postage costs both ways.

Thanks.

2. TriBi

OMG - is Terry Wogan still alive?

...and is he still as bad as he used to be?

I gave up following Eurovision about 20 years ago...

(tho' I do recall being quite amused at the fact that it was won by an Israeli transvestite a few years ago, hehe...)

3. davo-man

sorry i don't have it, and plu the postage would be most heinously humongous....but i justw wanted to point out that the winners song was awesome and i love it...molitva was the name if any one wants it....and also the Giorgian song was bodacious as well....sorry been watching Bill and Ted's Exellent adventure again

4. CrimsonThunder

You could probably download it off the internet Paul. I dunno what this is tho. Maybe YouTube it. ^.^

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I've got a copy coming now - I did a "Want it Now" on eBay and someone offered me one for 3 pounds. :slight_smile:

Yes TriBi, Terry Wogan is very much still around. He still has a very popular breakfast radio show on BBC Radio 2 (a national station with the highest or second-highest listener figures) and also does the UK commentary for Eurovision. It really is his commentaries with his sarcastic remarks and uncanny ability to predict the scoring that make Eurovision. I wouldn't watch it without him.

This is why I wanted the one with him recorded from the BBC rather than the official one with no commentary.

We couldn't watch it this year though. Someone I know sent me a copy on VHS but his machine must be knackered as it was almost unwatchable.

I know the 2007 Eurovision was one of the worst as I heard it on BBC Radio 2 with Ken Bruce doing the commentary, but I still want to see it and enjoy Wogan's cutting remarks.