1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Eyed Peas vs. Perez Hilton

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chaos, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Chaos

Is anyone following this?

Sunday night at the Much Music Video Awards Perez Hilton had a confrontation (backstage) with Fergie. Basically Fergie wanted respect from Perez as she asked him why he puts the Peas down on his website, but he stuck to his opinion of them (he calls Fergie ugly all of the time and trashes their music on his blog, but maintains that he is (or was) friends with them). He told her that he respects her, but will say what he wants about them because it's his opinion.

Later that night at an after party (at a club) Will.i.am and Perez had a confrontation that ended with Perez getting punched in the eye. Will.i.am basically said the same stuff as Fergie (he wanted respect and didn't want him talking about the Peas again). Perez maintained his "it's my opinion" arguement.

There is video of their confrontation (they exchange words) outside of the club. Perez is heard calling Will.i.am a f*ggot. After that Perez was punched by someone; he said it was Will.i.am and Will.i.am said it was a fan. However it was the Peas manager! He turned himself into Canadian authorities...

Perez tweeted about getting attacked on Twitter rather than calling the cops like a normal person. Perez alleged that it was Will.i.am and that it happened in the club. However, the video footage proves that it was outside of the club and that he provoked Will.i.am.

I think that the bottom line is if you're going to call someone a f*ggot outside of a club you're bound to get hit! Thats just the way it is if you run your mouth. I don't condone violence, but Perez has been trash talking way too much and this was bound to happen. He can either put up with it, or shut up.

Had Will.i.am called Perez the f-word Perez would have went NUTS! He prides himself on being a gay activist yet goes to those insults? Sounds like something a homophobe would do, not a gay activist.

Now doesn't this make Perez a HYPOCRITE? He couldn't respect the former Miss Californias opinion... So why should the Black Eyed Peas respect his? He should've just said "okay I will stop trashing you".

I do not like Perez one bit. He makes gay people look BAD.

#1 Chaos, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. davo-man

Hehe I love the irony of Perez calling Will.i.am a faggot.

However, I'm not sure I like the idea that Perez is making us look bad. That's like saying Arnold Schwarzenegger makes humans look bad or Halle Berry make actresses or black people in general look bad. While I'm not a huge fan of him, I don't like the concept that because a person is of a certain group or minority, they represent the minority. Then again, I guess it could be argued that regardless of my opinion, every person does represent their respective minorities/group to the society and thus does give us a bad name.

Back to the story in question: I really like Black Eyed Peas new album. Most of the songs on there I can listen to on repeat for a while, such as Missing You, Meet Me Halfway and Party All Night. I especially LURRRRV the film clip to I've Gotta Feeling. It just makes me wanna get up and go out. I agree with Perez that Fergie is a bit of ugly, however, let's be honest, you could do a hell of a lot worse than look like her.

3. Emile

Emile Guest

I hate Perez Hilton. What an attention seeker :eek: !

He uses famous people to get famous himself. I really don't like him.

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't stand Perez Hilton. He can dish out all the insults and stuff fine, but when confronted he cowers away with a "that's my opinion" excuse. All well and fine, but if you're going to publish it to the world then it helps to justify opinions rather than just shouting "faggot" at them. :rolleyes:

I don't agree with him getting punched. That was just completely unnecessary. I do think that his video after the incident and his little twitter stunt were just him trying to stir up more controversy like the Carrie Prejean incident.

5. BeautifulStranger

Perez is so nasty that I would cross the street to avoid him if I saw him coming.

It kills me that he and Lady GaGa are friends.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am all for freedom of speech, but seriously Perez Hilton needs to be shot. I can't see how someone who sits at home writing trash about celebrities can become famous anyway. I would have punched him too! I don't like how he calls himself a gay activist, but runs so quickly to call others faggot, or trying to out them to the masses.:tantrum:

7. Greggers

I follow Perez on Twitter and i read his site, so i started following this story about 11:45 pm ish my time when Perez first started twittering for the police and shit. (OH, and i only read perez's stuff cause hes the first to release new stuff by all my favorite artists and has alot of gay news on it too, i skip 90% of the crap however :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: so please dont shoot me)

I was sure he was working with will.i.am to create publicity cause right after it happened his entire site was FULL of B.E.P adds. I guess its not some hoax anymore though cause they have the video on TMZ of it plus the manager turned himself in.

I think Perez is a total freak for one thing. He should not have called will.i.am a faggot under ANY circumstances. At the same time, will.i.am's manager should not have punched Perez no matter WHAT he said to will.i.am. I dont think violence is ever the answer to words.

As for the Perez "making gays look bad" crap, well its crap! He is one freaking guy who just HAPPENS to be gay. Not every gay guy is perfect. Perez should only be able to make himself look bad because thats is the only person Perez can account for, himself. His actions do not directly affect the rest of the LGBT community because he is NOT the entire LGBT community. People need to wise up and stop calling him out for making us look bad. I dont go around saying Bill O'Riley makes all straight people look bad because hes an asshole who happens to be straight, so i dont get why when the tables are turned and its Perez all of a sudden he directly reflects all of us?

8. BeautifulStranger

Homosexuals already aren't the favorite of the general public, so the fact that this guy creates controversy doesn't help us at all.
    He's slandering an image that is already being slandered by so many others (Bill O'Reilly, Westboro Baptist Church, Ann Coulter, etc.)
    I'm going to say the thing that you really hate to hear, but he's one of the reasons that we have stereotypes. He's one of the few prominent gay figures that heterosexual people pay any attention to. They're going to take his views and actions and apply it to homosexuals as a whole no matter how wrong it may be.
    If you ask me, Perez has a duty to do. Rather than reinforce stereotypes and "give homosexuals a bad name", he should do something to try and break them down. I know he's a big gay rights activist, but clearly, the bad is outweighing the good.
    It's just human nature to stereotype... I'll be honest, I do it a lot too, even though I know it's wrong. I can't help it.

For instance (Note: I'm ashamed to admit this because it's so cruel and I know better, but we need a decent example), I met a kid at some school function. He's really nice and kind, but also embodies every gay stereotype there is. Not to mention calling him over-weight would be a compliment. Anyways, I saw today on Facebook that he's in a relationship. My instant reaction was to scoff, laugh and think, "Who in there right mind would date anyone like that?" Because, as we all know, society/hollywood stereotypes aesthetically unpleasing people as undateable.
    Before I even had time to blink, I had stereotyped him.

People do it all the time no matter how wrong it is.

And for the record, before anyone attempts to guilt trip me, I made sure to congratulate him.

9. acorn7

OK, a few things:

- Yes, Perez trashes people and bla bla bla. We know that, he knows that. HOWEVER. Does that make it OK to punch him? NO. Imagine if a bimbo *female* was doing the same as him and got into an argument with wil.i.am and his manager punched HER? Not many people would say, "Oohh, well it's her fault, she had it coming..." Come on, since when it's OK to punch people just because you think they're jerks?

- I'm still trying to understand why Perez chose to call wil.i.am a "faggot". Why in the world would a gay guy who probably suffered from that very insult use it on someone else? All of these people were probably pretty drunk and we see the result...

And by the way, he called the police before tweeting about it.

Totally agreed.

Anyway, it's pretty much a settled issue now. The guy is in custody, they'll go to court and settle it.

10. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ From what I remember, Perez said he called him a 'faggot' because he wanted to think of the worst insult to use on him, and he thought that would annoy Will.I.Am the most.

11. Amy

Amy

I love how people consider this actual news.
    "I have an idea! Let's completely ignore Neda and make a big fucking deal over a fight at an awards show after party!"

12. TheBP

I agree with you 100%.

You may say that he's only one gay man, but he's one of the few that many people in the country hear a lot about. Therefore, these people will see his actions, and form their opinions of him. Most likely, they will then project this image of a homosexual man onto every gay guy they see. It's counterproductive for us. He goes out and insults celebrities, bashes people, and embarasses them.

Should the manager have punched him? No, probably not. But I sure as hell don't feel sorry for Perez.

You know...I once saw an image on the internet that I thought summed up things pretty nicely. On one side, there was Sir Ian McKellen, with the word "Gay" beneath him. On the other side, there was Chris Crocker, with the word "Faggot" beneath him. I think we should lump Perez over with Crocker. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. lostinthought9

I'm glad Perez got punched in the face. :grin:

14. D_Alejandro

Perez= Attention seeking whore.
    Will.i.am= Talentless moron

Anyways, isn't everyone a hypocrite these days? Seriously.

Perez gets on my nerves, he deserved a little punch in the face.

15. InaRut

Yea heard about this one on the radio. Totally though, what the hell? When I was doing dishes...as it was a very brief report of the fiasco (is that how you spell fiasco?)

16. Chaos

Yes I said that Perez makes gays look bad and I will not take that back. Why? It's because he is an openly gay man whose in the media. I may not think that he represents all gays (as do you), but other people who don't understand gay people do! Or they will. They will look at him and he will ultimately reflect on the gay community in whatever way he conducts himself. That's just life.

FOR EXAMPLE... I am Native Canadian. There was a Native Canadian leader in Canada who made a remark about the Jews deserving the holocaust. This looked really bad on the aboriginal community because this man was a representation of the indigenous community. I don't feel that way, but this leader made that comment that will just do no good at all.

Perez tries to be an activist, but it's stunts like this that only cause controversy and make the community look bad.

I don't think I'm a hypocrite. But I know that Perez is a hypocrite.

But come on! You don't call someone on the way that Perez did. The dude is a wimp. Someone noted that his left eye was all black the day after the incident, but in his video the scratch is under the right eye? I read that somewhere, but I haven't really looked at any pictures of Perez.

I'm noting all of his inconsistencies in his story. If I was the Pea's Manager's lawyer I would be happy that Perez is damaging his own case.

EDIT: I could've put this in News or LGBT issues, but I decided to put it in entertainment :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also Perez is refusing to apologize for saying the f-word. WHAT A LOSER!

17. TriBi

He is the ultimate in bitchy trashy obnoxious little drama queen, attention seeking media whore 'wannabe' personalities. God - he even chose a name as close as possible to 'that other one who makes a career out of getting herself noticed' for what - a bit of extra exposure.

He makes me want to puke - but thankfully he doesn't generate anything like the attention here that he does in the US - so I can pretty much ignore him without a great deal of effort. I just wish everyone else would.

18. Greggers

Its really sad that we look at Perez to hold up what homosexuality should look like.

Why the fuck are we thinking that way? We should not HAVE to.

Sure, alot of heterosexual people look to Perez, but does that really make it right? No. Lets stop calling him an example of us all already, sheesh.

Perez is a fucking asshole of a person who happens to be gay and who happens to be campy. If anyone automatically assumes i am like perez because i look the same as perez, well im sorry but i dont give a fuck what that person thinks because they are already off my list of people i want to associate with for stereotyping me as Perez. So let them think what they want, im not going to blame Perez for it im going to blame the small minded person who clumps me into the same category as him.

The sooner we break things like blaming Perez for making us look bad, the sooner we can finally break the "gay community" and "straight community" barriers and just become the HUMAN community.

19. Aero

Perez Hilton got a lesson, at best.
    Will.i.am used his buddy so that he can get away with doing something completely wrong.
    and B.E.P. still don't really impress me.
    And that is all the brain power I will waste on this...

of all the posts, this one makes the most sense.

20. Lychee

I follow Perez Hilton on Twitter, not coz I like him, but coz that way I get all the best gossip sooner xD

Anyway, Perez was definitely in the wrong for calling will.i.am a faggot, and should apologise. However, this doesn't mean that will.i.am's manager can hit Perez either. Perez should apologise, and the manager should be charged with assault.