1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone seeing Transformers 2 today?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by joeyconnick, Jun 24, 2009.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya,

So... anyone seeing it today? Or did anyone see yesterday's midnight showings? And didn't it premiere in London a few days back?

Anyway, I saw the first one--thought it was pretty atrocious so I have low expectations for this one, which is usually a good thing for me and movies because then I invariably end up enjoying things more. I'm seeing it with a friend tonight on about 2 hours.

Don't really get the whole foofah over Megan Fox, though. Guess the women here probably do. :lol: She does seem remarkably open in interviews, though, which is refreshing.

2. Greggers

I got an invite to see it tonight, but im like you. I hated the first one and this one looks the same with more half nude megan fox and more things going "BOOM". Im not a fan of either.

I dont think ill waste my ten dollars to go see it personally. I heard they tried to fill it with alot of horrible and awkward comedic lines to keep it entertaining but that it didnt really achieve that effect.

3. Shevanel

First off, Megan Fox is amazing. XD Just to clarify that

[​IMG]

But yeah, not a fan of the film (nor Michael Bay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), so I'm not going to see them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#3 Shevanel, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  4. mattypants

ill probably see it tomorrow, but mostly for the lazer fights :grin:

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's only $10 where you are?! It's $12.50 downtown!

The thing I mainly didn't like with the first one is that it had Star Wars prequel-paced action (basically action so fast you can't possibly follow what's going on, which to me seems totally pointless) AND everything on the Transformers was constantly moving, to the point where I couldn't really focus on them or (often) figure out who was who.

I just tend to see a lot of the big movies that come out. I'm actually also really excited about "My Sister's Keeper" this Friday, just to throw in some contrast. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Greggers

its 12.50 if i take the bridge to langley and go see it there? xD

our theatre is ghetto and cheep though. Still, 10 bucks is 10 bucks.

7. mattypants

ghetto for ten$?
    woah, im here complaining for eight$
    but i suppose cause im used to five$ shows. :X i miss a good economy

8. Jerr

Um, I spent 8 dollars and saw the Midnight showing. (Damn movie didn't come out where my friend's where working so I had to wait for the public midnight showing... grr... public...)

It was WAY better then the first one... My biggest reason for not liking the first one... It was a movie called Transformers and had mostly just scenes with PEOPLE... I came to see huge robots kill each other and people and I got mostly humans... grr... I needed some actiony coated action with action sprinkles... I actually GOT that in the second movie.

It had a lot of Comic Relief in it... OH and just so you know, the MOM is amazing! She buys Marijuana Brownies and eats them and every bit of her at the beginning was gold.

9. Davey

going to see it today for my BF's b-day. pretty excited. watching the first one again to get caught back up lol.

10. ColdSnap

I saw it the other week and i thought it was absolutely awful XD

11. Blaz

Blaz Guest

It was awesome! It's a Transformers movie as well, the point of going to see it is because of giant robots beating the living daylights out of each other and to relieve childhood once again, in a more in-your-face sort of way. It was really hilarious at times as well.

I agree with Joey about Megan Fox. Damn. She's one of the few women that make me very, very confused. . .

12. CrystalCat

I saw it for Megan Fox. When she came on scream everyone started applauded in my movie theatre. The movie was decent. The plot was eh. But i give the graphics team nothing but respect.

13. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Bad movie, overkill. Its like spiderman 3 all over again.

14. riddlerno1

i saw it a couple of nights ago and thought the first one was way better! This one was nonstop action without any real story! Shia LeBouf looked pretty hot though!!

15. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was $13.99 for Saturday night IMAX.

It was Okay. I went in with low expectations, and it delivered. So many corny lines, so much action that my brain got saturated and couldn't follow who was who, so much unnecessary collateral damage. I didn't quite understand what the point of the Jar Jar Binks characters were.