1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister's Keeper

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by certified Hotti, Jun 30, 2009.

1. certified Hotti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this weekend i finally saw Cameron Diaz's new film " My Sister's keeper", which i had been waiting for, forEVER!! I was not one bit disappointed and greatly enjoyed it even with the crying lady sitting right behind me ( believe me, i understood why she was crying and i even got a little choked up, but her nose was running a marathon and the sniffles did get annoying). But anywayz, i think everyone should go watch it, it is very touching and probably one of the saddest movies ever.

What i don't understand, however, is the critics reviews. I mean i never really agree with the critics, but this time i think they are very wrong. I know the movie adaptation changed a couple of things from the novel, but that didn't make he movie bad at all. I thought the story and the acting were absolutely great, but that's just my opinion.

Has anyone else seen it?
    What did you think?

2. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have yet to see it. I really am wanting to see it, so hopefully I can go this weekend and see it. If not I might downlaod a leaked version off the net, haha.

3. certified Hotti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    u totally shud, its really awesome.
    lmk if u liked it or not!

4. hiker360

never heard of it but certainly worth a try, i'll look it up

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw it Sunday night with my ex. It was actually really weird/sweet--I tend to think of him as more of a guy's guy, so I was surprised he wanted to see it with me. Anyway, we were both bawling when the scene at the beach happened and "Feels Like Home" was playing. The sweet thing was that he patted my leg and then we held hands for the rest of the movie, I guess because we were both so emotional.

It's weird because that scene is definitely the climax of the movie to me, even though it happens about 3/4 of the way through. I haven't read the book so I don't know what the issue is with the changes they made but I thought the movie ending was nicely done.

I'm not sure Cameron Diaz's performance is Oscar-worthy like some people are saying but it was definitely good. I think Abigail Breslin (the non-sick daughter) and Sofia Vassilieva (the older, sick daughter) should totally get Oscar nominations, though. Especially Vassilieva--she's great on Medium, too.

The boy playing the son did a great job too, given his role was so small.

The dad kinda creeped me out. I liked his role in the movie, though. And Alec Baldwin... well, he was great.

6. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol... I've got to see this movie now for sure!

7. Amy

Amy