1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madonna :)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by secret garden, Jul 3, 2009.

1. secret garden

Any Madonna fans here?
    I'm a huge fan! :icon_bigg

2. acorn7

I love her :slight_smile: She's by far my most-listened to artist (I think I've listened to Vogue over 350 times).

I prefer her older stuff (Like a Prayer/Vogue/Blond Ambition Tour was her peak for me) but Confessions & Music are good too, and American Life for when you're pissed at life :wink:

I hate it when haters are like, "Ugh, she's ooooold, she should retire, ew grandma, bla bla bla...". Who the fuck cares? If you don't like her, don't have to listen. She still fills up arenas and stadiums faster than any female artist, and perhaps more than any artist. Whether she's earned it is debatable, but until people stop paying to see her, she's still got it :slight_smile:

What are your favorite songs/albums/shows?

3. secret garden

Well it's nice to meet someone who likes her as much as I do! :icon_bigg
    She's the best for me.

Same here, I prefer her earlier work, but the newer stuff is not bad either.
    Hard Candy was kinda disappointing for me... but she'll bounce back! :icon_wink

Oh and screw the haters, they don't have a clue, lol! :grin:
    Look at her, she's 50 and fantastic! Wish I could look like that when I turn 50 :lol:

4. secret garden

As for favs... it's hard to decide, lol!

Song: Secret or Frozen, I can't decide!
    Album: Erotica
    Tour: Re-Invention Tour
    Video: Bad Girl

How about you? :slight_smile:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Casual fan. I've liked some of her stuff, but really haven't liked much she's done in the past decade or so.

Song: "Oh Father"
    Album: Like a Prayer
    Tour: never saw her live (she's only played Denver twice!)
    Video: "Rain" (probably because I'm a huge Ryuichi Sakamoto fan...)

Lex

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not a 'fan' as such but I like some of her music, especially her gospel music

7. secret garden

Lol, I see you're a Celine Dion fan. :slight_smile:

8. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I love her too! I've liked all her work she's done, both older and newer; she just goes with the times and makes the absolute best of it with her unique talent, it's wonderful to see. My favourites are as follows:

Song: Live To Tell - something just touches me so deeply about it.
    Album: Confessions on a Dance Floor - couldn't get enough of it when it came out. Comparatively, it's the only album of hers I've loved every song of.
    Tour: The Confessions Tour - she's just an amazing performer, and the stage was the best; coming right out to all of the audience and all the props and the huge screens behind and the backup dancers and Omaigod everything!
    Video: Bedtime Story - I've always had a weak spot for surrealist things. Tricky decision though, I like Frozen and Die Another Day too.

9. acorn7

Well, I alluded to this earlier, but:

Song: Vogue
    Album: Like a Prayer (I love almost all the songs...)
    Tour: Re-Invention / Blond Ambition (tie!) (I only saw Sticky & Sweet though)
    Video: What It Feels Like for a Girl (Creepy and cool)

10. Pokerface

I like Madonna :slight_smile: I don't know if I'm really a fan... I loved her Confessions on a Dance Floor album.

:wink:

11. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Madonna is a huge symbol of my life, and I wished I could send a PM to explain why, since its extremely personal here (I'm talking extreme) so I 'll leave that private.

Madonna made me an artist, and I drawn her face like 50 million times when I was younger, she was the only face I drew for about two years until I became a great artist. I knew her face from every angle, and I remember every video she has. I can play her songs from any album in my head, lyrics, and any video like it was on youtube. Well anyways I love her, and she made me discovered music way back when, since before her I haven't even like music (weird). I know all her looks from 1983 till recent times, like I know what she looked like here and there, and can tell what era that was from. (and pre-1983; I know her background like it was the back of hand)

She's my first favorite singer, my second goes to Ayumi Hamasaki (Empress of Pop Music; give her a try). Well Madonna made me discovered her, since of Nothing Really Matters, and then I went J-POP crazy around 2005-2006 after reading Memoirs of a Geisha (another Madonna influence). Erotica had a lot of influences too, but not necessarily good lol. What's weird I dreamt of Bedtime Story, before I even discovered it.

Favorite song: Nobody knows me
    Favorite album: Ray of Light, and then Confessions (it's all good though; least favorite is Hard Candy)
    Favorite Video: Power of Goodbye *he's hot; setting awesome; Madonna looks amazing*
    Favorite tour: Blonde Ambition

It really depends on the mood, since you can't really go too wrong with Madonna (especially her singles). I would be all into one album for a week or so. I bought Music, Ray of Light, Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, Immaculate Collection, and the Greatest Hits Album. I also had an old record of hers from the first album Madonna (my mother owned a bunch of old records), and I had her Ciao, Italia! - Live from Italy too (this is from my aunt that I happened to took from a box at my grandparents house). I also have her Cosmopolitan magazine cover from 1987 (I didn't purchase that, but my mother collected a bunch of Cosmos from 80s, and I just found it and made it mine because of Madonna.)

-----
    I'm not a huge fan of hers anymore, since I see her as a human being, and equal to anyone else. I used to be, until I realize that's she's just a human. When I was in the huge Madonna phase it was 2003-2005 (I was 10-13) so that's why I wrote so much about her. I liked her before I even knew I was gay. And American Life was the first song I ever heard of her, it was the parts where she went "ahhhhhhhhh merican life" that made me realize I fell in love with her (like as a fan). I am happy that was the first single too I heard of hers, and my first song I ever even like. Oh and the first thing I ever bought was musically too it was one of those little clips you put into this little toy that plays snippets of songs, it was popular for some reason at school, and I bought the single "music" since it was the only they had of Madonna for it. I forgot what kind of toy it was, it had little clips that could be attach.

She's like the third parent to me though that affected me as a person, weird, I know, probably the second parent since I didn't really have a father.

She's the only gay stereotype thing about me. But something in my life happened, and it changed everything forever, and it had something to do with Madonna directly in my life.

#11 Jack2009, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  12. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^^ that sounds like a fanatic fan, but I am just saying my past with liking Madonna, so I just like her but not to any extreme point. It was weird though when I was 10-13.

#12 Jack2009, Jul 6, 2009
  13. secret garden

Wow, you do have an interesting Madonna history :slight_smile:
    She's really inspiring, her music too.
    It's like therapy for me, lol, she always makes me feel better, no matter the situation.

14. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKv0uSX8O74[/YOUTUBE]

How long had you like her?

#14 Jack2009, Jul 6, 2009
  15. secret garden

since the music era :slight_smile:

16. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow, that's eons ago (considering your age since that's like 9)

17. secret garden

Well yeah, I was 9 at the time, that's when I started listening to her and I just fell in love with her and her songs.

18. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think Madonna's death is the only celebrity death that I would ever feel really sad about.

Then maybe Gwen Stefani, and for sure Ayu.

19. secret garden

Omg, I don't even want to think about it.

20. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lol it's not going to happen she's way too healthy for that (body of a 30 year old), but recent deaths of celebs made me think that.

I don't think she's going to die until she's like 90 something, and retired like at 80.