1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musical Instruments

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SadConfusedBandGeek, Jul 17, 2007.

1. SadConfusedBandGeek

Lol! I cant believe i have been here 2 months and haven't done this thread yet.
    I am so ashamed of myself:wink:

SOOOO What musical instruments can you play???

I dont wanna brag so my three instruments i play most are
    -Tenor sax
    -Clarinet
    -Flute

Oh also do u know anyone who is AMAZING at any instruments?

Hehe k i started playing trumpet a few months ago, and i let my little 6 y.o sister try it this morning, and i think she was better than me when i started:frowning2: And she is 7 years younger:dry:

Lmao I was kinda embarassed:wink:

- Josh

2. SpikySpice

Hehe, taht is true younger brother or sister have more talent then older ones, no offesne Josh
    That happened to us as well, my sister played pinao when she was 7 tand she stopped at the age of 21, then I stepped up, and I can play piano influently for just a year, I've been playing for 2 years now.

And off course, i'm trying out for guitar,my family is a musical family lol

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Hmm well i was good at playin da piano but that was years ago, dat all i play relli.. But i do wanna learn to play da harmonica, da flute, and mayb da guitar:slight_smile:

4. GuitarGirl1350

I play guitar, piano, harmonica, and flute.
    I have a nylon-string acoustic guitar. It's an old epiphone and one of the last ones made in America ^_^ and an electric guitar. I've been playing for 3 years.
    Piano, I have been playing on and off for 8 years. I'm a sort of "perpetual beginner" at it.
    Flute consistently for 6 years. It's the one I'm best at, but I enjoy guitar the most.
    Harmonica was basically something I learned for the entertainment value. I discovered that the airflow from your nose was sufficient so I learned how to play it simply so I could say "Hey, guess what! I can play a harmonica with my nose!"
    In the future I'd like to learn sax, mandolin, banjo, drumset, and become better with piano.

My guitar teacher, Alan, has been playing for 40 years. (Since he was 8) He is simply incredible. He's been offered a few professional gigs but had to turn them down for various reasons. Last year, he opened for the Marshal Tucker band and backed them up at a local show. He's one of those people you could just listen to play for hours and not get bored.

5. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

i've played piano for 13 years, i love it! my boyfriend plays viola and he is incredible; he gets instruction at the juilliard pre-college program in NYC. so basically he makes my piano playing look really amateur. its cool.... haha

if we are talking about just amazing musicians we know though, my 11 year old cousin adopted from china is a violin prodigy and she plays with the high school orchestra...arghh im bitter about all these people with incredible natural talent

6. Kimi

I began to learn how to play piano just few days ago(I'm not kidding)
    But I'm not really good at it nor other musical instruments.

Does recorder and xylophone counts??

7. Jerr

Any form of mallet percussion (xylophone marimba vibraphone ect)... most percussion things thrown my way. (for the most part)

8. 24601

I play trumpet. I'm pretty good at it... someone who is amazing, though? My section leader in band, and the 2nd chair (then I'm 3rd), they are both incredible.

9. I used to play the alto sax. I was pretty good at it but i havent been at it in a while

10. DJ Sweetz

My Dad Knows how to play a guitar And he's gonna teach me how and my sister knows how to play the piano for the past 15 years.

11. EthanS

EthanS Guest

:eek: those r da ones i wannto play:icon_bigg

12. GuitarGirl1350

You should start to learn! Take lessons on one if you have something sitting around, or lease an instrument. Some schools or youth programs offer cheap lessons, or you can always teach yourself (which I don't recommend if you don't have a musical background)
    Good luck =]

13. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Well i hav a piano ryt behind me =), i wanto play again but its too noisy, its them wooden ones, and i always 4get bout it

14. GuitarGirl1350

Mine's an old wood one too. It's over a hundred years old (hey, we got it for free.)
    Maybe if you got a keyboard and could play with headphones on?

15. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yer wen i hav money, wen i get a job, wich i dunno wens dat =D

16. Moth

I started learning drums, so I have a basic knowledge of them and an extremely high appreciation for them, as well as a sense of rhythm. I also know a good set from a poor set. I could be a real drummer if I wanted to, but while I adore, enjoy, and have a keen interest in the drums, they're not my passion. Singing is my passion.

I also dink around on the piano occasionally, mostly just one-handed covers of my favorite songs, occasionally I'll make stuff up, but it's usually pretty short and simple.

I wouldn't mind getting better at drumming or learning guitar or bass, but when it comes down to it singing's my big thing.

There's a guy I'm pretty good friends with who I've known most of my life who's an incredible musician. He's only a couple months older than me, but he plays piano, keyboard, guitar, bass, and drums (which is his big thing - he's actually the one who taught me what I know) - and he plays all these instruments EXTREMELY well. I'm probably one of the biggest music junkies I know, so I'm constantly discovering new bands and I'm huge into indie bands as well as loving a lot of big-name, famous bands, and I'm very keen when it comes to music, so I can tell you exactly why a band/musician is good or bad, and what they have or lack - people keep telling me I should be a music critic. So when I see a good musician, I know what I'm talking about, and my friend is one of the top five most talented musicians I've ever heard in my entire life, and that includes all those famous, big-name, platinum-selling bands. So that says a lot for his crazy talent. I'd give so much to be in a band with him, but he's already in a couple of bands, plus I think we have a conflict in beliefs, so unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen. But I honestly believe his name will be a household name amongst musicians someday, so that in and of itself is exciting. If nothing else, I'm hoping he can hook me up with some people who would be willing to start a band with me. But we'll just see how it goes. =]

17. TeeBe

My first three instruments (The ones I am most proficient at) are flute, alto sax and clarinet (I still need to get a sax...*dreams*). But...The most fun I have ever had in a band was a percussion group! Then again, traveling around with a marimba, xylophone, vibraphone, timpanies, the kit, etc. etc. is rather a pain in the rear. I play a few other instruments (a few brass, piano and guitar) but I could never play those in a group - *looks at trombone sadly...*

18. CrimsonThunder

Electric guitar and that'd be all.

19. GuitarGirl1350

I didn't know singing counted, but I also sing =]

20. CrimsonThunder

It sure does count! Vocals are a huge musical instrument.