1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artists not appearing on ipod

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by partietraumatic, Jul 6, 2009.

1. partietraumatic

ok this really pisses me off and i wanna know if anyone knows why it happens or how to change it?

There are a few artists who when i add to my ipod don't appear under the lists of artists. This really annoys me. The songs are their,they come up on shuffle,and i can get to the album by going through albums,i can get to the songs by going through songs, but the artist doesnt come up under my list of artists. Its soo annoying.

Does anyone know why this happens or how i can change it?

2. Just Adam

it is prob due to them not having under anythign in artist... if you look at the music file in say wmp it has son name album artist and all that if theres no name in teh artist tab then theres no info for it to search by so when on ipod it cant find the artist as tehres nothign to find.... i would say transfer song to comp if you can and alter that you may be able to do it on itunes i dunno

if you dont use itunes then altering on comp should work fine if the songs saved to it :slight_smile:

3. jonny

U can input he data via iTunes just right click a song and click get info then input the data, filling in the data from the files themselves is a bit complex if he iTunes route doesn't work I'll show u how both on a mac and pc

4. Harve

Sometimes songs have the "part of a compilation" tickbox in itunes checked for some reason, which means that they don't show up under artists, only under "compilations" on the actual ipod, that might help solve the problem.... Otherwise I DUNNO. They can be a bit buggy i guess, especially when i'm making playlists and instead of choosing a specific song it normally chooses a seemingly random song from the same album :S

5. partietraumatic

the problem was the part of a compilation thing. All sorted now :slight_smile: Thanks for the help (!)