1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Blood

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by jayhad90, Jul 7, 2009.

1. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

It is one of the best shows on right now anyone else watch it?

2. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I stumbled upon it after reading the novels. The newest one "Dead and Gone" had an advert on the front of it. I enjoy the show, although I'm not particularly fond of the focus put on Jason. The books are told from the point of view of Sookie and so, I'm used to seeing all the characters through her opinions. Also, Tara is nothing like she is in the books. And Sam's backstory has been screwed up. Aaaandd I could go on and on. But it's a good show and I'm counting it in my favourites.

The best thing about the show though (besides all the boobs) is how they let Sookie get the crap beaten out of her. It happens ALOT in the books and I was afraid they would leave it out.

Also, it's interesting to watch, having read the books, as there is some hilarious foreshadowing that new viewers might not know about. (Take a look at the baseball cap Jason wears. Just remember it for later down the road.)

3. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

thanks for the heads up and yeah i noticed that tara is not at all in the books nearly as much as in the show and lafayette died in the second book instead of the voodoo lady but yeah i am on the second book and it is vary different than the show but ive learned to try and view them as totally different things its been working so far. lol and you are one of the most photogenic people ive seen you have great pics lol.

4. lostinthought9

My friend lent me the Season 1 Box Set. I liked it. It's pretty interesting.
    I espicially like Jason; he's freakin hot!! :grin:

5. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

haha yeah hes not really my type but he is good looking

6. hackingnomberr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I enjoy the show, but I find it to be a bit overrated?
    I don't really care for the main characters much, I find Lafayette and Jason's storylines more interesting than the stupid romance.

7. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

yeah me to, bill and sookie annoy me, :lol: my favorite charector is Jessica though

8. Witch of the We

California's version of Munchkinland and the West
    Jessica so far seems pretty cool. On top of having the normal stress of being a teenager she's changed into a vampire. It makes her actually seem more human somehow. Sam's different in the books though. Anyway Jason is pretty hot.

9. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Eric Northman.
    He may not seem like it yet, but he will prove to be the most interesting and complex character of the series. Ya'll don't even know.

10. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Shhhhhhhh! lol

And anyone else kind of want to go to one of Maryann's parties?

11. brian105

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maryann's parties do seem cool...but i'd rather be the ones gettin freaky on the dance floor, instead of stuffing myself with cakes, pies, and dirt. lol. Jessica is one of my favorite new characters. she is really endearing. can't wait until lafayette and eric hookup.

12. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    mmm such a good series... for a favorite character pairing I'd definately say it's jessica and hoyt.

I just got through episode 7 of season 2, and it's still so very good.

13. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    hmm i'm kinda 50/50 on it but it is a good show and i do enjoy it so maybe i'm more 80/20 i think it's going to go from strength to strength

14. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    season 2 season finalie aired/aires tonight, I'm so excited...

SPOILER:

sam is supposed ot be sacrificed ot the horned one, and jason's bunkmate committed suicide in a terrorist attack on godrick's mannor

this is going to be good :slight_smile:

15. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  16. littledinosaurs

I've just started watching this show and I am only a few episodes in, but I like it a lot. As many of you are saying, I am sure it'd be a better read, but I have no time for that. Besides, i like Anna Paquin.
    Hopefully I can catch up to season three before it's over! (but probably won't, haha)

17. theJosephDean

I watched the first season, read the first eight or nine books (however many were available at the time), watched the second season, and then read the new book(s) that came out. I absolutely love the novel series, and Charlaine Harris is amazing with her long-term story planning. I think so, anyways.

I like the show, too, for it's edginess and friskiness, but they really do the "Let's be controversial to get good ratings" thing wayyyy to much :\ I still like the characters' depictions, even if people say that Anna Paquin is not the right Sookie.

Anna and I have the same birthday (month/day at least, heh), so I have this connection with her. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The season three premiere was pretty cool, but it definitely fell within the bounds I just described. Lol. Looking forward to the rest of the season, though. Definitely hope that they keep true to the books. :slight_smile:

18. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    After seeing the season 3 premiere, and that dream of Sam's I only have one thing to say: I HATE PHONES!!! LOL.

19. x2x2x2x2y2

Watched the first season a few months back. Loved it. Read the first book. Read the second book. Watched the second season. Reading the third book while this season airs.

I think the show is like 20 times better then the books, although they aren't bad either.

Oh and Jason and Sam are hot!! <3 Eric's looking good this season too.

20. theJosephDean

Did anyone see Snoop Dogg's video "Oh Sookie"? >__>