1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation - Awesome show, crap name

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by George1, Jul 10, 2009.

1. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone here (in Australia) watch Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation? It's AWESOME! Baby Boomers, Generation X and Gen Y thrown against each other for a fun panel show.

Shaun Micalef's hosting skills are amazing, and I reckon the whole success of the show is because of him. XD

What do you guys think of the show?

2. dictionary

Shaun Mic' is awsome.. plus Josh Thomas is cute.... however unfortunatly gen Y emabarrise me each and every week for there lack of knowledge...

3. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jogh Thomas is hot. XD A few episodes ago he was wearing very tight jeans and bent over.. He has a very nice ass.

Shaun Micalef is just plain hilarious. I love his dry sense of humour and how he's so satrical of the show he hosts. When he refuses to say "What's a Doodle Do?" I always laugh, and the phone linked to the producers on the set is hilarious!

And yes, Gen Y are very embarrassing.. At home I'm always screaming out the right answers to the TV. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a couple of vids.. One from the "end game" which is the final round where the teams have to do a physical task. By the way if you didn't see the entire episode the jokes about Enya and Shaun's dream might not make a lot of sense. XD

[youtube]U-3YhtC9_8I[/youtube]

And here's another one I found which was pretty funny.

[youtube]a0ARBJqwgic[/youtube]

5. waitingsucks

haha I love this show, shaw mc is halarious... though I agree... Gen Y piss me off sometimes

6. Shevanel

How the hell is that a crap name? It's referencing the song My Generation by The Who which is basically one of the songs that launched them into super stardom and is one of the biggest influences on rock. It's one of the greatest rock songs ever, and it's bass solo is sought after by many bassists :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: John Entwistle is amazing! So hey, don't talk shit about TOTAL. I mean. Don't talk shit about The Who :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only watched this show a few times (and to be honest, I only watched the first episode because of Ruby Rose), but it's pretty good. Amanda Keller is all kinds of awesome.

8. jony8472

My friend Gradey introduced me to it and I liked it...
    I think Josh Thomas is awesome!!

He's an ambassador for Headspace - Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation
    I admit, I keep coming back to watch him =P

9. dictionary

Aparently his (josh's) brother is gay.... i can remeber watching him do a comedy routine and he was lsike "i'm not gay but my brother is. ...atach funny story" If those looks run through the family im happy.

Shaun's Interview on rove was hilarious
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8_ZMs4IJfI[/YOUTUBE]

10. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

DAMNNNN I love this show.....I still haven't missed an episode this year. The show is serious and funny at the same time, and like most great new game/comedy shows these days the scoring doesn't matter...

Shaun Micallef is amazing and always has been a fantastic comedian and his interview on rove was HILARIOUS! Ten are really on their game with their programs at the moment

11. KittyBoy

I love watching "Talkin' 'bout your generation". I haven't missed an episode yet! Shaun Micallef is a very funny man, how he acts on television is exactly how he acts in private, which is awesome as he is acting like himself while on television. Josh Thomas is a really funny guy, my mother and I met Josh a while ago at the Melbourne comedy festival. He is a very naive, cute and nervous guy, which makes his comedy act even funnier!

12. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They are! I did some googling around and apparently TEN have been beating Nine for the past few weeks in ratings which is kinda sad really.

13. dictionary

Yeah i saw one week they beat Nine and seven in the ratings.... goes to show what happens when you fund good quality programing and drop low quality & cheep shows *COUGH*BIG BROTHER *COUGH* people will actualy will watch it...

14. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it's not just Big Brother, they've had success with a lot of their shows this year. So You Think You Can Dance Australia went OK this year considering the competition, Bondi Rescue went MUCH better this year compared to the Bali version of last year, Bondi Vet went pretty good (Dr. Chris Brown.. So hot), Good News Week is getting its best ratings ever this year, Lie to Me developed a very strong following which stuck with the show in the weeks when there were delays in receiving the episodes from the US, MasterChef Australia developed into an INSANE phenomenon across the country (and ironically enough most people in the entertainment industry thought it would flop), Merlin was another suprise hit, NCIS has been getting its best ratings EVER this year, Recruits was also another quiet performer for them, Rove struggled for the first part of the year, but since Dance Australia has finished he's returned to his glory days of ratings, Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation is another example of a new hit show, The Biggest Loser this year yet again went extremely well for TEN (isn't it funny how we went from 7PM weeknights seeing fatties loosing weight to now at 7PM weeknights we have people cooking fattening food for fat judges? XD), and TEN News is also another one of their quiet performers.

The big thing though is that their top shows comprise nearly all of LOCALLY PRODUCED SHOWS. Australians are sick of seeing trashy US imports! Yes, they're very expensive to make but we like them more (for example, Canal Road (a Melbourne-based drama Nine comissioned last year) was estimated to cost approximately $1.1million per episode, when most shows of the genre are only about $500,000 an episode).

[/rant] :slight_smile:

15. dictionary

Unfortunatly 7 Just axed all saints....

I am actualy looking foward to ten's 7pm program from the adds so far it looks good...

i though MasterChef would fail too actualy along with merlin... but how wrong was I...

But 9 is in a huge ditch at the momment... and you can just see almost all of last year i turned on to the nine network and all you could see was 2 and a half men or gordon ramsey... if you try and watch the today show or ACA the on screen graphics are so anoying and constantly make noses and keep on moving MAKES ME SO MAD! it's just not plesent to watch... and merly all i think they need to get out of that ditch is to invest in local pograming good qulaty local programing at it...

16. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah All Saints' axing was pretty sad, but it's struggling to rate as well as it used to thanks to stiff competition from TEN on Tuesdays, and they needed to cut down costs. Originally it was going to be cut down to 22 or so eps a year from 40, but sadly they just decided to end it entirely. Still, 11 years on air is a pretty darn good run, and 1.2 million viewers is pretty good in my opinion for a show that's lasted so long.
    I would've liked to see Seven try a different day to air All Saints (such as the wasteland that is Thursday and Friday, though the prior is going to get interesting soon with Rush, TV Burp and Double Take airing soon).

The 7PM Project looks really interesting! I've been waiting for it since it was first speculated so long ago. If it goes well for TEN this year they're going to make it a year-long program and move The Biggest Loser and MasterChef to 7:30PM weeknights.

I was a bit unsure of MasterChef and Merlin as well. I knew MasterChef would definitely develop a cult following, just one of about 2 MILLION viewers each Sunday and between 1.4-1.8 million weeknights (according to the Herald Sun I believe) is insane, considering it's got a pretty piss poor leadin from Neighbours which has not gotten over a million viewers since the night of The Biggest Loser finale.

Nine is definitely in a ditch. Nine News is dying and their audience is flocking to Seven News, ACA is holding up, but sadly it's generally their top show of the night.. Which is sad. And Two and a Half Men is coming FOURTH in its timeslot quite reguarly now against the ABC!
    Nine have relied on the success of one or two shows/franchises for too long (Two and a Half Men, Underbelly, Gordon Ramsay, etc) and it's finally starting to catch up with them.
    homeMADE completely failed for them. And now that it's finished, guess what they're slating in the high traffic 7:30PM Tuesday timeslot? Some stupid US show called "Dance Your Ass Off" where a bunch of fatties loose weight by dancing for an audience and set of judges. Ick.