1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

80's hair

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by xballetxbeautyx, Jul 27, 2009.

1. I had no idea where to put this, but considering that it sort of had something to do with fashion Im putting it here. In a few weeks I'm going to be in a production of Footloose. I've done some research on 80's hairstyles and I definitely have the hair to go big since mine is naturally curly and wild. Now i'm concerned with keeping it out of my face since I will be dancing a lot. Does anyone who was alive during the 80's or anyone else have an ideas for hairstyles I can use? I'm playing a high-schooler in the small Bible town Bomont, and I also have a scene where I need to be more trendy, in Chicago. I think the same hairstyle should work for both as long as it's not too wild.

I honestly don't even know if this should go here, but I wasn't alive in the 80's and though my parents were, they don't really have many suggestions. All ideas are welcome! Thanks!

2. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. RaRa

4. Thank you; I don't know if you saw but I mentioned that I had looked it up and found some stuff. Now I'm trying to find more opinions by asking people here. If I'm not supposed to do that, please tell me.

5. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ;P

You said you were looking for styles which wouldn't get in your eyes, and in the image results at the top there are two images which show styles that wouldn't get in your eyes.

6. InaRut

I'm totally throwing this out there.

But please...Side ponytail. Do it and you will win a walrus tusk!

7. RaRa

80's side ponytails are fierce.

8. mattypants

/has ponytail excersise video flashback... :eek:

9. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    the blonde girl; i just saw this a few nights ago

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXNY0ZIeC04&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Can ask her how she did that hairstyle too... if she comes on soon. (she saids "ain't paint, it's make up)

http://www.myspace.com/buntybailey

#9 Jack2009, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  10. Okay, thanks everybody. And the side ponytail would look okay for the small town? I'm sorry, I feel like these are stupid questions but I'm just trying to make sure.

11. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see why a side ponytail wouldn't work for a small town character. I wasn't alive during in the 80's, but it seems to be one of the tamer styles they wore back then. I could totally see a small town girl with one. Don't feel that they are stupid, its just character research and you want it to be as accurate as possible. :slight_smile:

12. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    a side ponytail would definately keep your hair out of your face while your hair is able to explode above your head. otherwise, if you wore a colourful headband close to your hairline that would help beat the flying hair problem!