1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 Aussie Film Newcastle

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gumtree, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Gumtree

I just finished watching a movie called 'Newcastle'. It's an aussie film based on an Australian coastal city, predominately a surfing movie (thus half the appeal if you know what I mean).

But the story had an awesome gay twist to it.

I dunno why I'm posting this but I loved the movie heaps and thought that everyone should see it. I really liked the way the gay brother to the protagonist was depicted fair realistically and as a totally accepted member of an all male str8 clique, one which in Australia has a reputation for actually being quite bigotist (is that even a word?).

And of course they're semi naked if not fully naked 99% of the time ^^

It's easy to download and is all over the internet, strongly suggest that you sit down and watch it one day!

2. shorty

woohoo, checks PB!

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's funny--I just watched this too, mainly because the actor playing the gay brother has been cast in Twilight: Eclipse.

Anyway... uhm... meh. They didn't go anywhere with the gay subplot and really, they didn't go anywhere with the main plot, either. Great eye-candy, however, as you say.

I really liked the grandfather but then that's predictable because he was in one of my all-time favourite movies ever: Strictly Ballroom!

4. Gumtree

I think the simple plot and insignificance of the gay aspect of the brother is what I liked, I wouldn't say it made it more realistic, but made it much less "Hollywood".

5. shyguy92

shyguy92 Guest

Ohh I've been eyeing this ever since i saw the review on TV! Is out on on DVD yet?? (internet is wayyyyy too slow for a movie download)

*sigh* i hate my "broadband"