1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista Update Help

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by listen up world, Aug 15, 2009.

1. listen up world

I know this is not a tech help forum. But there are some smart people here who know what's what and I'm about ready to punch something.

Okay, after my computer kept restarting itself and stuff, I decided to upgrade to the new Windows Vista Service Pack. The problem is it changed my default program for opening word documents from 03 to 07 and I can't change it back. When I try to suggest winword.exe as the program that I want to use (cause I want to use it, damn it) it doesn't pop-up in the "Open With" list. Anyone know what's going on and how to fix this? I refuse to use Word 2007 cause I'm a stubborn ass. Also, does anyone know how to stop windows update from updating automatically?

2. fallendream

on the update it may have got rid of 03, go to control panel to stop auto updates, ill get on a vista in a bit and talk through it with you if you want

3. listen up world

No, I have Windows 03. I can open it and use it. I just can't get it set as the default program.

4. Greggers

Follow this and see if it works:

Start Menu > Default Programs > Set Associations

Then scroll through the list of types of files and find the ones that you want to automatically open with '03. You should be able to change it, but you will have to do it to every file type your after.

I would try it myself, but im not some stuck up asshole who does not upgrade to newer programs :wink: (<3)