1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with "Hannah Montana: The Movie"?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ANightDude, Aug 18, 2009.

1. ANightDude

Okay, yeah, the title might be a bit misleading. I just wanted to attempt a review that people most likely won't even care much for, but whatever, I want to. :slight_smile:

I'm not a teen girl, Hannah obsessed or even Disney obsessed kind of person. I don't mind it when people like her, it's not up to me to judge someone based on something as silly as music or the TV shows they watch. Hannah Montana, has, without a doubt, become a world wide phenomenon. With that comes the haters. Some have honest opinions and reasons as to why they hate the shows, others have never seen it and simply hate it for unexplaned reasons. I've considered myself in the middle. Like I said, I wasn't a fan or a hater, so I didn't judge. When the film was released, I was a bit nervous for it. Hannah Montana: The Movie? Just the title sounds a bit... to Disney.

Nevertheless, the film was a pleasent suprise. Of course it had it's Disney moments, but it wasn't bad. The cinmatography was average, the direction as well, the acting, suprisingly, wasn't bad (I usually despise Billy Ray Cyrus with a passion). Tech wise, the film was average.

Now here's one thing that bugged me a bit. Most of the jokes the film did were Disney Channel-style, or even just jokes that went on way to long. There is a scene where Miley's dad runs into a cabnit filled with plates of music icons, and he tries to save them as he falls. Not only is the music the classic "Wa wa waaa" (Not exactly that, but you know what I mean), it lasts for a good 30 seconds, which killed the jokes. I think around two or three jokes were even a chuckle, but of course, the film wasn't made exactly for me, so who knows what the kids want.

Another thing that was bothering me is that they seemed to feel they needed to add a villian. A bad one at that. And to make it even better, a British villian. That's right kids, the British are coming! At least he recieved his comeuppance. Or, well, Disney's modern version of it. Remember the 90's, where villians would meet there end by falling into hot molten lava or being eaten alive? Well, Disney has changed to the point where family can change minds. :dry: One of those things that will be a bit of a disipointment. In fact, I don't know if you can call this man a villian, due to the fact he's as evil as Micky Mouse and as bad as Britney. But thankfully we can forgive that.

Overall, the film isn't bad at all. It's no masterpeice, and that's a fact, but it's enjoyable. Even though it wasn't exactly aimed to my audience (teenage boys), I found it a fun, laughable film that you will forget about as District 9 takes over our souls.

5/10

Yeah, it was random and pointless. But I was bored and... that leads you places.

2. Tim

Tim

I actually have said it was a good movie.

It wasn't a show stopper, head over heels, rainbows and butterflies in your stomach movie (XD) But it was good.

The way they ended it kind've annoyed me, however. I feel it would've been better if she had just stayed with her secret out, simply because the realism of an entire town keeping a rockstars secret identity is like infinite to none. >_>

3. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "What's wrong with 'Hannah Montana: The Movie?'"

Read the first two words in the movie title and you'll understand why. :')

4. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    did anyone watch "the Lizzie McGuire movie"?

I know I did. And I genuinely liked it. What do I find wrong with "Hannah Montanna: The Movie"? I'm not as connected to it as I was with the Lizzie McGuire one.

5. Lychee

Hoedown Throwdown FTW!

6. Yes, I learned the Hoedown Throwdown. And yes, I watch the Disney Channel (because I'm not 'old enough' to watch regular shows). And yes, I hate Hannah Montana with a passion.

BUT the reason I hate her is honestly something pretty close to jealousy. I don't want to be her, but if given the chance I would leap on it. There are so many girls just in my small-town dance studios that are far more talented than her. But I mean, whatever, that's the way it's gonna be.

And I do sort of want to see the movie. :icon_redf

7. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    sop far ive only heard one good HM song its the one with the monuntian

8. Jerr

I want to see it. I enjoy the show (when I can) and enjoy a lot of her songs. I prefer Miley Cyrus over Hannah Montana but I don't mind listening to Hannah. (...Yes, I realize that last sentence is going to guarantee I am single for another year at least...)

The Climb.

I do like See You Again by Breathe Carolina better then her version but I still blast hers. I listen to this version ALL the time and it is quite entertaining when people realize what song is playing.

9. Shevanel

HELL YES! :grin: Good Choice :slight_smile:

10. Steve

meh

11. Jerr

12. pirateninja

EVERYTHING.

Maybe I'm just jealous, but seriously, she is a girl with an average voice and talent who has a famous father and she just rakes in the millions while young girls become obsessed with her crap.

Honestly, the only thing out there that doesn't make me despair in the modern age Disney is "Phineas and Ferb". Now that's awesome and original, everything Miley Cyrus isn't. :lol:

At least she makes some "nice lookin' corn".

13. Steve

i totaly agree with you
    i just like that one song and its not because of her voice..

PHINEASE AND FERB IS THE SHIT

14. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I'm not a Hannah Montana fan I respect how successful the show has become and fair play to Miley Cyrus for making a name for herself

I did watch the movie and it wasn't the worst film i have ever seen but it wasn't the best either the best thing that came out of it for me was that i learn't the hoedown throwdown

15. ANightDude

Psh YEYAH! Phineas and Ferb is THE BEST thing from Disney in ages.

16. Tim

Tim

And yet I find it to be the worst, whereas I was growing up with the "classic" disney. XD

17. ANightDude

It's actually quite good. :slight_smile:

18. justinishere

I actually thought the movie was pretty good :slight_smile:

Of course her voice isn't the best but I think it suits the movie. I thought it kind of thought it had a good message too :slight_smile: Maybe it was just me then... lol

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could be seen as slightly wrong in hte head, but even at 21, I just freaking love the Disney Channel, and I loved Hannah Montana: The Movie. And I'm not even like "freaking gay" I'm just gay lol, yet I still love it.

20. Tim

Tim

People hear Hannah Montana and disregard it.

The movie was good.
    The Climb is an AWESOME song (lyrics wise).
    Hoedown Throwdown is prob. the only Country I like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home is just a nice upbeat song.
    Let's Get Crazy isn't TOO bad, but it'd be something hannah haters don't like.

If anything, watch the movie for the Tyra banks shoe fight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: