1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Furry Fandom

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberstone, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Emberstone

I keep reading news articles about Furries, and though I dont have any interest in it myself (neither does my checkbook balance), but I keep getting bored and looking up info on furry fandom.

I think in part my interest in it lies in the fact that there are members of the anthropomoric fandom that dress up like animals and go to conventions and gatherings because they are expression how they feel inside. Though I dont feel like I have a animal inside me (no beastality joke there, incase someone is giggling at that), I understand what it feels like to have society impose a expectation on who you are (heterosexual), but know that you arent and cannot live up to those expectations.

of course, it is not a exact comparision...

2. wherewulfe

not everyone goes to a con in a fur suit. actually according to uncle kage (kind of like a furry celeb) only about 5% of con attendees are in full suit. while sure you could spend a couple hundred for a fursuit (or less if you make your own) but mostly its more about the art.

as for me, im kind of a recluse with a very small group of people who i actually consider true friends. take a quick guess what species i am.

any other questions should be submitted in text...or carrier pigeon if you want to make it interesting