1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well this question does involve technology...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fiender, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Fiender

I have NO clean clothes right now. My mom and sisters do all of the laundry and of course they always do their clothes first. I'm lucky to get one or two clean outfits a week <_<

The problem is I don't know how to run the washing machine. If someone could tell me how they work, I'd appreciate it, lol.
    It's a kenmore heavy duty if that helps.

2. olides84

Haha, I know you're serious, but I just lol'd. And I was gonna answer but it would take way too long - there's too many different settings. Best solution is just to watch your mom/sis doing some loads, ask questions, and write things down. Until then, go naked :icon_mrgr

3. Fiender

I do ask them, but they say I don't need to know, lol. Like the world will end if I learn to do my own laundry.

4. fallendream

5. GhostDog

Persist! Persist! You need to know how to wash your own clothes.

... Seriously, why do they think you don't need to know? My mom was thrilled, thrilled when we were old enough to do our own laundry. That's kinda weird that they think you don't need to know. I would be doing backflips over not having to wash someone else's dirty underwear anymore, personally.

Remind them that you will not always be living there, and you don't want to be one of those gross bachelor types who has only done laundry twice in six months!

Failing that, how self-explanatory is your washer/dryer? Ours has instructions pretty much on the units themselves, but there are so many different kinds of washer/dryer things. Have you tried just seeing if you can figure it out, maybe? I dunno.

6. Ben

Ben

The settings might be there already from the last time it was used.
    Just turn it up to 40 if it's not there already, put some tablets or liquid or whatever you use in (the instructions might be on the side of the bottle/box), then press the "on" button.
    Oh and don't forget to separate whites from colours before washing.

7. Techcompu2

only way someone else does my laundry is if I am not able to move them from the washer to the dryer and i ask them to. On my washer, you push in the knob, turn it to normal, then pull on the knob. you put clothes in it, fill it close to the top of the auger thing, and put in the detergent, and close the door.

as for the dryer, put the wet clothes on the dryer, turn the knob to more dry, put in one of the dryer sheets, close the door, and press start.

hope this helps!

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there's a dial, turn it to "regular wash" and choose the length of the wash cycle, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on how dirty the clothes are) If it's buttons, basically the same thing, "regular wash" of whatever length.

Choose the wash temperature. Warm for colors, hot for whites.

Put in a capful of detergent if liquid, there should be a little spoon thing if it's powder, use one spoon.

Don't overfill the washer; loosely put clothes in till they are abotu 3/4 way up to the top.

close the washer, and there will be a start button, or you push in or out on the dial. Once you hear the water start filling or things happening, you just let it go. Pretty simple, actually :slight_smile:

9. Fiender

K, I got it. Thanks everyone! (*hug*)

10. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone