1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a Beta Reader/Editor :)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fiender, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Fiender

I just finished my first novel! (!)(!)(!)

Devotion
    is a supernatural action-thriller, 87,000 words long (standard novel size).

Decription:

For one shining moment, it seems like Michael Robin's bad luck is turning around. The unlucky guy has finally scored the job of his dreams - but just when he thinks things are finally looking up, he's abducted by a fanatical cult who will sacrifice him to their Goddess, believing that she will grant them unimaginable power.

Rescued by a mysterious stranger, all Michael wants to do is put the unpleasant experience behind him and go back to his normal life. But he can't go back to his normal life - ever. The strange book he read at the house of his benefactor has changed Michael in ways he can't describe. His every thought now affects the world around him. Doors open and close for him, his computer starts typing on its own and every time he reaches for a glass it slides across the table into his hand.

Is it a trick? Or is it magic? All Michael knows is that he's now on the run from the cult, who will stop at nothing to claim the sacrifice they earmarked for their Goddess. The only way Michael may survive is to master his strange new skills and fight back, lest his death become the catalyst for the end of the world. ​

Now before I start sending requests to literary agents for representation (who will help me get this published) I need to have someone else beta-read my work. It's sort of like beta testing for a video game; go through it and find point out any errors, flaws and glitches :icon_bigg

I've tried looking for Beta Readers on other sites, like professional writing sites but every time I post a topic either no one replies or the beta-reader drops out. So now I turn towards Empty Closets; a site of reliable people. :smilewave
    For now, I'm only looking for one beta reader at the moment (although I may require another later one, FYI). If you're interested and think you can handle the whole thing :icon_wink Seriously though, I could really use the help. Frankly I could look through my entire book a hundred times and not notice something that some else could once.

EDIT: I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, or if this sort of thing isn't allowed on EC, I didn't see the bad in trying.

#1 Fiender, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. stymied

stymied Guest

O-M-G. I would love to. If you could get the manuscript to me sometime before this weekend, I'll be away for 2 and a half weeks and would have plenty to time to read it.

3. Fiender

Oh, thank you! lol, this feels like a godsend! I'll get it to you right away! (*hug*)

4. Metalbiguy

I live in Central, New Jeresy, by the shore
    Well i dont know if you need any more, but i'm a writer myself, and my genre is kind of down your ally, and it looks interesting, and now with summer break, i have time on my hands.

Just throwing my name out there, if you are still looking.

5. Fiender

Well right now I already have a reader or two but if I feel that I need another one, you'll be the first person I contact :icon_wink

6. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Good luck, I'm writing a novel as well :slight_smile: . I'm about a fifth of the way done and on about 11,000 words (51 pages, 12pt Courier New, double spaced).

7. Emberstone

I think it is great that there are so many people willing to help. I have written four novels *well one, and to test my plots, I have been roughdrafting the planned sequels, and three of those are completed while I work on the fifth, so they are not totally finished*

I am actually going for a BA in english with a emphasis on creative writing. however, I am still early into the process, so I wouldnt trust my skills enough to offer my services to someone who is looking to publish.

8. Fiender

Yeah, I'm gonna have to bump this topic back up 'cause stymied got banned and he didn't finish the read.

9. Shevanel

^ Just so you know, when you're profile/name goes all unclickable like that, it's a self-delete, not a ban.

10. -Michael-

I'd do it :slight_smile:

I need something new to read.

I loves my supernaturals!

11. Fiender

Really :frowning2: Why would someone go and delete their account?