1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone else notice...?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GlindaRose, Aug 20, 2009.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the film, 'Orphan', one of the lines towards the end is completely ripped off from 'The Ring 2'? In 'Orphan', at one point Esther goes 'Please don't kill me, mommy' and the mum replies 'I'm not your f**cking mommy!!'

That 2nd line was also said 'The Ring 2' when Samara tries climbing out the well but gets pushed back in and the lid is shut.

I laughed quite hard when I heard that line in 'Orphan' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Shevanel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1148204/movieconnections

It's common in films to reference other films that may have been influences for the movie you're watching. It's done VERY OFTEN and usually it's great fun noticing them :slight_smile:

This line, although identified as a reference there on IMDB, I feel is just some cliche line they used again, rather than referencing the Ring 2. But that's just my take on it, so who knows.

3. Gurds101

Was it worth paying for a movie ticket? I often just wait till it comes out...

4. Hoppip

Eh. I heard Orphan was bad. I didn't see it but eh.

5. Metalbiguy

I live in Central, New Jeresy, by the shore
    Well what i thought the problem with Orphan was, that they kind of billed it as a horror film,

and honestly its more of a dark drama, like its not scary at all, and the characters have depth, and there is a really rich back story to them.

i know the girls in front of me that were int eh theater, were like

"this is boring where are the scary parts?"

there was none, if you go into it with no expectations you will like depending if your well versed in certain genre's, but it hought it was fresh, well amde, great twist.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally didn't recognise the line as having been in The Ring 2, although that's probably because The Ring 2 was awful and I'm desperate to forget it.

I think it was one of the better parts of Orphan.

I though the movie was pretty good. I definitely liked that Vera Farmiga's character had some backstory and I thought she did an excellent job with the role. I also liked how they resolved Peter Sarsgaard's character's story.

I think maybe the thing that was least believable was how the two children went along so readily with Esther and how the father was just insanely unaware something bad was going down.

I thought there were plenty of scary parts, although many of them in the first part of the movie were cheap (you know, loud scary noises and quick cuts that turn out to be nothing, like a cat runs in front of someone but you kinda go *gasp* because they're manipulating you with the sound effects and music). Of course I'm a sucker for those kinda things.