1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my birthday.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by fallendream, Sep 3, 2009.

1. fallendream

right so my birthday is on the 23rd (dont say congratz or happy birthday yet because this isnt too important right now :grin:)

one of the things i want is 'the adventures of tom bomadil' by j.r.r. tolkein, the problem being its been out of print for nearly 20 years (i think) so does anyone know where i might obtain a new copy not sold yet? its very unlikely though but id hate to have to have a preused one because theyre typically a little bit ripped up.

2. Porphyrogenitus

If it's been out of print that long, you're unlikely to find an unused copy anywhere. Have a look on Amazon though would be your best bet.

Alternatively, the Adventures of Tom Bombadil appears to be in an anthology called 'The Tolkein Reader', along with Farmer Giles of Ham and some other stuff, and an edition of this has been published recently. At least, you seem to be able to get 'new' copies on Amazon.

Tolkein Reader

3. fallendream

the book 'adventures of tom bombadil' and the poem are different and its probably the poem in the anthology, though ill look.

4. kettleoffish

my brother's birthday is on the 23rd too :eek:

5. fallendream

am i your brother? if i am get me a turtle :slight_smile:

6. kettleoffish

:lol:, nah my brother's gonna be 18.. which reminds me, what am I gonna get him *strokes imaginary beard*

7. fallendream

turtle.

8. kettleoffish

:lol: I'm not sure they allow turtles in halls at uni.