1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperate Housewives

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by hiddendc4, Sep 27, 2009.

1. hiddendc4

Just curious to know if anyone else on ec likes this show? Me personally I love it and have been a fan for the past 5 seasons. I'm looking forward to the season premier very shortly lol.

2. jp xch

jp xch Guest

omg!!
    Best way to start the season.

3. Emberstone

I have said it before, and I will say it again. I... Hate... Katherine... Mayfair!

She is my least favorate character.

Also, I was a little annoyed about how they ended the premiere episode of season six.

it was almost too cruel of a cliffhanger.

4. lostinthought9

I watch it every now and then. I like it for the most part, but I'm usually lost about what's going on though...but, there's plenty of hot guys. :grin:

5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So speaking of hot guys on desperate housewives, last night I saw a cutie on the season premiere, so I did what I normally do when I see hot unknown guys on TV and looked it up on IMDb.

Anyways the most popular topic on the actor's IMDb forum was "Is he gay?"

Which mostly split off into a conversation about "Why do people keep asking this about all actors? Leave it alone"

Anyways, then the actor himself answered "Very Straight. Lots ad lots of woman."

I laughed.

6. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    no Shawnpyfrom no blond bitch girl series fails

7. Maggi

i love this show.

8. hiddendc4

Yea Katherine isn't exactly my fave, but but whats messed up is how Susan and her are supposedly friends and Susan did nothing but avoid her for almost the whole episode. As for the cliffhanger thing that seems to be a common theme this season with all tv shows, but yea why do they have to pick on Julie??? She is such a sweetheart and probably the nicest person in that whole fictitious neighborhood lol, guess it was just her turn :frowning2:

I also would like to know if Shawn Pyfrom will make an appearance this season, I have a feeling that he might pop up. No offense Steve but you kinda had to know that Edie was going to get killed at some point in the series.

Yea I guess it is kinda easy to get a little lost if you don't watch regularly, I once missed like half a season due to life happening and once I got back to it it took me at least 2 episodes to catch back up somewhat. I wasn't fully caught up till I bought the show's dvds lol.

Kenko which guy were you referring to?

9. Emberstone

I think susan was afraid to acknowledge that there friendship might be over. She was friends with katherine before katherine fled.

apperenty in season seven, the show will go back in time to before mary alice shot herself.I am looking forward to that,though I suspect they might have to go back far enough in time before the kids were when the show started, or even before they were born to pull it off.

10. leonardo1145

leonardo1145 Guest

Susan is a beeyotch, and I prefer Katherine any day.
    I didn't really like the season premiere though???

11. hiddendc4

If they really do go back in time to before season one I think it means that mark cherry is running out of ideas lol.

12. hiddendc4

It's on tonight, who else is going to be watching it?

13. Emberstone

I will be, while reading odeipus rex no doubt, since I am reading that tonght, and tommorow between classes.

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    K so, first off.

1. Yes it was a cruel cliffhanger but at least Julie will be okay.

2. Yes the new guy Danny is cute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: He was also in the Grudge 3 and um...Scary Movie 4. Though the guy who said "Very straight. Lots ad lots of women" wasn't Beau, just some guy who profiles Beau. If it were Beau, pretty sure he'd have in his bio said "Hey guys this is Beau Mirchoff, I was born...blah de blah". not talk in third person :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3. Yes Shawn will be making pop ups. He is no longer a series regular unfortunately, but will be guest starring once in a while.

and 4. There has been no confirmation about ideas for Season 7. Nor has Marc Cherry ever stated he plans to go back in time as it would ruin the characters he has developed so thoroughly.

There ya go :slight_smile:

15. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    back b4 season one eh whats the point i watched the show only for shawn pyfrom, thats what hooked me up i was just passing by and it was the first episode of season 5 and i heard him sarcasticly say to his mom " now can i be gay" and im like woa wtf i must check this out

16. kv88

I love the show, yes it has lost the magic it had from season one. I think it was so successful in the first season because Marc Cherry (the creator) wrote a lot of the episodes and the dark humor was there. I still enjoy each season in its own way.

Season One: Awesome and magical. The writing was top notch and the storylines were a blast. The mystery was quite intriguing and interesting. It reminded me a lot of Six Feet Under.

Season Two: Funny. Tons of funny stuff during that season. It had some of the dark humor from season one. I have to say even though the mystery was a drag it was still fun to watch. I feel the reason why the mystery failed because it didn't really include the other ladies. Betty pretty much interacted with Bree. I just hated the fact they couldn't do much with Alfre Woodward's character. Lynette putting the umbrella on the road and getting it run over was hilarious.

Season Three: Interesting. I enjoyed this season, the mystery was great but it was a little bit predictable. The episode Bang, was amazing and human. When Marcia Cross (Bree) had to leave the show during the middle (she was pregnant), the show was a bit of a drag but it had its moments of brilliance. Love Mrs. McKluskey. I will note that some of the writers from seasons one and two left, bringing in new writers who wrote for sitcoms, this is where I (and other fans) started to notice that some of the writing seem sitcomish. Kyle MacLachlan (Orson) is also a great addition to the show, ever seen him in Twin Peaks?

Season Four: Delicious. This is my favorite season. The reason is why I love is because of Katherine Mayfair. She and Bree have a great dynamic. Dana Delany (Katherine) is an amazing actress expressing different ranges. The mystery was also predictable but quite dark and tragic at the same time. The tornado episode was okay but great special effects. Lynette had it rough this season.

Season Five: Ehh. I will have to say that this is my least favorite but overall still enjoyable. I wish Edie had more screen time, when you look at it she's only needed during the important episodes and the rest she's just there. The mystery could of been better, Dave Williams is great though. Katherine, although though she loosened up after mystery, should of still kept her edge and sassiness. The character that I enjoyed watching the most is Gabby (I love her)! Susan annoyed the living hell out of me. Even though it was kinda bad, I guess it taught the writers to do a better job in the next season (six).

Season six: Even though its not done yet, this season is great.

DH has its bumps (the inconsistencies, plot holes, bad storylines, recycled storylines) but still a great show to watch.

#16 kv88, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  17. Emberstone

yay for katherine being a lesbian!

18. kv88

I'm loving it too, a nice change for her, especially since her bad luck with men. I just hope she steps up and becomes the strong woman she used to be (S4).

19. Emberstone

I still hate her, but lets hope she learns not to be such a breebitchonsteriods.

20. Breakdown

i like this show, my sister gt me in2 watching it