1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 players

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by matty123, Oct 1, 2009.

1. matty123

So was wondering who is a ipod person and who isnt??And if your mp3 player breaks do you go for the cheaper model, or blow a wod of cash on the more ostentatious model because you just love it??

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an ipod, I've had it for three years and it hasn't failed me once. I go through headphones like Grant through Richmond though. :dry: If it were to break I'd scrimp and save every dime to replace it with a new one of the same persuasion. If it is reliable then I'm more than willing to spring the extra cash for it.

3. Lychee

I am an iPod person- I'm typing this on my iPod right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    If it were to break I'd probably save up and buy the same one. I'm currently considering buying a really cheap mp3 player to use in the school library while I'm studying in my spare periods. I'm not too sure on the official rules about them, and don't want to ask, just in case, so I want to buy one that I won't miss if it gets confiscated.

4. endless poetry

ipods make me sad because I lost mine and so I can`t replace it

but if I were to have one, I`d go for an ipod sure.
    presently using a phone, and it just hasn`t got the ipod feel to it.

5. Gaetan

I have an iPod, but I actually rarely use it anymore. It's old, one of the first color screen ones. It really only sees use in my car for long trips anymore.

Still, if I were to buy a new MP3 player today, it would be another iPod. Things are built like a brick.

6. lostinthought9

I've never had an I-Pod. I'm an MP3 person. I just didn't feel like paying so much money, when I can have something with a similar purpose for less. I'm happy with my MP3.

7. Nodnarb

^This.

I wanted an iPod at first, just didn't have the money for one. But I'm happy with what I have now:slight_smile:

8. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I've got an MP3 but that's just becasue I'm poor and could only afford a cheap one but it does the job.

9. Adam

I love my Zune! I prefer them over iPods any day.

10. PurpleTomato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have an iPod, but i got it 5 years ago so its thick, plays only music, and has a b&w screen. later i bought myself a small sony walkman mp3 player with a one line display. its very handy for short trips and i like using it (except its software is stupid). I also have a zune my uncle bought my for my last birthday/christmas. its nice, similar in function to an iPod but the Zune software is really bad and unlike the iPod, you cant use any other software.
    iPod is basically a name, sometimes not as good as other things you can find (in terms of cost-effectiveness). its best to figure out what you want/need then do your research online, compare, and then buy.

11. GoBabyGoGo

im definately an ipod person. they are popular, but thats because they are fucking amazing.

they are so well designed, theyve got the simplest, nicest user interface, plus theyre compatible with so many accessories.

i dont know where i'd be without my ipod :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: my first one has lasted 5 years and still going strong, but i upgraded to a newer bigger one recently.

12. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ipod all the way. Recent awesome ipod story. Mine broke a few days ago (I dropped it pretty far onto something pretty hard). I walked into the apple store with a warranty and walked out with a brand new Ipod in less then 1/2 an hour. Apple is a pretty good company and doesn't pull much bs when it comes to ipods.

13. leonardo1145

leonardo1145 Guest

Me too. :grin: My Zune is awesome.
    I want to upgrade to Zune HD though.

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an iPod Shuffle. I get laughed at for it, but it suits me fine.

15. Possibly Maybe

Just last weekend I got a new mp3 player. I have a dislike for ipod, i really don't see the fascination..

I'm pretty picky, and i only buy mp3 players that already have a USB point and run on batteries. I don't like the idea of being on my way and the battery dying on me, and having to charge it. I love the freedom mine gives me- i use rechargeable batteries that i keep inside my bag.

I paid 23€ for mine, it's from Phillips and has 4GB, which is a lot for me. I was perfectly happy with one GB before :wink:

16. fruitfly90

i have a creative zen microphoto 8GB, and after 5 years of having it and had dropped it a lot of times, only now it is not working properly. it has been the best thing i ever bought.

i willl probably be getting an ipod as a replacement, but my friend said that you cant delete content from it, is this true?? only i tend to swap and change things on my mp3 quite a lot...

17. fallendream

im anti ipod, i have nice mp4 walkman though

18. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    I've got 2 8 gig liepods currerently. they're the same make and model so I just use one until there's a problem with it, and then use the other. they're really awesome in that after about a week, the problem solves it's self :slight_smile: they both charge through the USB port too

19. Zach

I have both. I bought a walkman 8gb mp3 player last spring, and then my bf gave me an iphone not too long ago. I'm liking the iphone, but I would never have spent that much money on one myself.

20. matty123

well taking all of this into consideration i went and shamelessly bought a ostentatious sony walkman mp3 player with a touch screen, 16gb, wifi etc, and it is brilliant!But was probably more than i'd usually spend, on anything, ever lol, but i have a part-time job so i can just about afford it, and i hardly ever splurge on nice stuff, and i used my last mp3 a lot, and have always liked the sony's for the good sound quality and tbh ipod's have never really done anything for me. so yeh i'd definitely recommend the sony x series, and its reduced at the mo at Argos :slight_smile: