1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stargate Universe

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Magiclukie, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Magiclukie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been waiting for this for ever and it finally cameout last week what are your thoughts ont eh new series?(&&&)

2. Just Adam

i loved sg1 daniel jackson <3
    sg-atlantis didnt do anythign for me :S i never saw much scope in teh story line but ive not really watched it alot to get into it...
    since sg1 ended ive been waiting for this kind of series...the technology and whole organisation has advanced and they are making progress..... its like a star trek voyager sceneario... but slightly more epic and teh ancient ship looks amaizing and the 9ths symbol is cool progress...

good lead cast member... so yea all good... teh only thing ive noticed is the guy who plays jack oneil hasent aged well :S but its a great character still :slight_smile:

but between rush and daniel jackson jackson is teh better after all he baceame a god like twice lol..

so ye ai have high hopes for this series :slight_smile:

3. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

well i enjoyed sg1. thought it was really good. stargate atlantis was fantastic. was gutted they didnt keep it going tho. had hoped there would actually be more surrounding the ships in space as i loved some of the space battles. as for universe... well i only saw the opening double episode so far and it looks ok. will give it a few more weeks but i gotta say, carlyle is a real put off. guess i compare it to other shows like voyager (the best series on tv by a mile!!)

4. Just Adam

robert carlyle is teh only reason i bothered watching as after atlantis i was oh well another franchise donw teh toilet... but a good actor and ill give it a chance..... jsut wish we had daniel jackson as a full time character though :frowning2:

5. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

yeah id rather have jackson over carlyle anyday, but i guess they wanted a complete overhaul on the programme. just use the original series people as an intro to keep the fans happy.

6. Just Adam

yea tehn tehy spend teh first episode and ever problem they have i jsut kept thinking jackson would of solved that by now...as it was basically jstu readin ancient and what not lol..

7. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

aint he meant to be more of a sam carter kinda character tho? he seems more sciencey geek than daniel was.

8. Porphyrogenitus

It's a new show, of course there are new characters. Daniel wouldn't have been able to work the 9th chevron anyway.

lol and Rush (Carlyle) is pretty much the best character in it, so far, imo... most of the others are either just irritating (Ely, Chloe, etc) or haven't been elaborated enough yet (Young, the medic woman, etc). We've only seen a 3 episode pilot so far... very lacking in action, but still reasonably watchable, I think. I'm more worried that the premise of the show means that they probably won't be able to do a main recurring enemy at all.