1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitney Houston X Factor

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LeonaRose, Oct 18, 2009.

1. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did anyone else watch it? I dunno if it's on youtube yet to post a link and I can't bare to watch it again. I hate to say it cause I used to love the woman but she has reeeeally lost it. Off key, stumbling performance, not to mention she couldn't even remember her album release dates. Honestly if she wasn't on drugs still I'd be surprised I really would.
    Holy crap Whitney what happened? She used to be such a legend. She should pretty much just give up right about now....

2. Rygirl

Did you see her eyes? and she couldn't hold a sentence, she was so spacey, I'm sure that she was on something, the last person I saw like that was on an oxygen high after coming back down Mt. Everest, he also couldn't hold a conversation or keep track of his thoughts. Soz Whitney, but you were high as a kite.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Omg I just watched it.... wow... she looked bad... and singing.. And she has a album coming out?? good luck lol

4. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    God I wish I could watch the X Factor I love Whitney Houston plus I wanted to see the big deal about the Dannii Minogue thing, no fair your show gets all the drama

5. Phantasma

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WSd6eRUDQ8[/YOUTUBE]

6. Rygirl

^^ I rest my case.

7. carrie90

Okay I can see your point not her best but let's not forget this woman has been battling a major drug addiction for 12 years that's bound to take a toll on your body and voice I for one am still a huge Whitney fan and it would take alot more than one disappointing preformance to change that. I didn't really think it was that bad anyway...really good song and it looked like she had fun

On a seperate note who is that georgous creature sat next to Simon Cowell? Cause I think I'm in love

#7 carrie90, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  8. matty123

omg i saw that and was like wtf is with her, especially after, she didn't seem to know what was going on and only concerned with her dress strap, though at least she still has the voice even if the mind isn't quite there....... and i love cheryl, her vocal wasn't the best but she looked soooooo cool and her dancing was just the best :slight_smile: and i think i love her singer guy joe mcelderry he is really cute, and i was so happy that crazy eyebrows guy went out!!!

9. Rygirl

That my dear is Cheryl Cole, unfortunately for us she is married to football (soccer) star Ashley Cole, ahhh, sucks for us.:icon_sad:

10. carrie90

Darn ohh well at least now I know her name and can love her from afar

11. Paragon

Paragon Guest

^
    you should look her up she really is stunningly beautiful, her accent is un-understandable to you americans though ive been told

12. Greggers

I LOVE Million Dollar Bill. Its such a good song! Whitney does it so much better (surprise surprise...) on her CD version. Its a shame she didnt deliver it that well on X factor, but im glad she is making a comeback at least. Britney had her "WTF" comeback and then made her Circus album, so maybe that will happen with Whitney now too...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA2F4hzP5d4[/YOUTUBE]

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I can see your point not her best but let's not forget this woman has been battling a major drug addiction for 12 years...

The term for this is "making excuses".

She's (supposedly) been clean and sober for at least a year, which is plenty of time to get back into performing shape. Either she can pull it off live now or she can't. If she can't, that's no crime, but stop trying. I don't watch live performances on the curve, granting bonus points for having hectic schedules or having battled drug addiction or being jet lagged. Either kick ass or don't. And if you ain't gonna, there are 50,000 other singers waiting in the wings who could nail a song without having to explain why they didn't do it well.

Or you could do what someone on another board did - enter delusional mode.

"Aside from the wardrobe malfunction and her flubbing the lyrics a lil, she sounded great and just like the record. Her voice was amazingly strong and she had some incredible runs. She's back to stay!"

Lex

#13 Lexington, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009