1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Thread For The Sporty People

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CrimsonThunder, Oct 19, 2009.

1. CrimsonThunder

It's been a while since I was here last, so to get myself up to date on what people like here I created this thread. XD

What sports do people PLAY and WATCH?

I play football (soccer ;]), I'm a goal keeper but I also play out field some times (because we have two goal keepers), when I go out I can do anything, defense, midfield, forward. This year I scored a goal while I was goalkeeping so i was pretty happy with that. ^_^ We also won both the A and B grade cups so we had an awesome night getting pissed!

I like to watch, Aussie Rules Football, Football (soccer), wrestling (yes it is a sport fool! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), MMA and I think thats about it.

Anyone else?

2. Shevanel

I used to play soccer when I was little. I still know how to play but obviously I'm not on any team or anything. and if you consider Surfing a sport (which you should :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but I haven't really even gotten to do that in a long while =/ Its funny, because I know how to play many sports (American Football, Soccer, Baseball) but I'm just too lazy to care about competition or anything. I love the game for what it is, but there are few sports I'm able to watch on TV and be happy. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to go to an actual game of any sport (cept Curling perhaps =P xD) and enjoy the hell out of myself, even Baseball, which is probably the most boring sport IMO. But I love going to a Mets game a few times per year :slight_smile:

Other than that, I'm a pretty lazy fool =P

EDIT: Oh and Lacrosse is freakin badass and awesome.

3. CrimsonThunder

Of course surfing is a sport! :grin:

I like to play for fun, but at times I can get very competitive... I dunno if its good or bad lol.

4. Shevanel

Well, I should've thought of the fact that you're Australian, coupled with the question of the validity of surfing as a sport... I should've known your thoughts before you even replied xD

I'm much more of a "For fun" person, but the only times I get competitive are like... barely ever? Maybe in video games? And only certain ones too, because I know last night I was completely bullshitting around in COD4 with my friend and ended up getting a Kill-Death-Ratio of 7 and 26 at one point xD And I was just laughing about it. So my competitiveness is barely there as well... I just don't care much about it I guess. It's one of the main reasons I never tried out for my school's football team as a quarterback, even though supposedly I have a good arm, I just don't care. Besides the fact I was too lazy to even stay after school regularly. Oh and even in gym in school and stuff, other kids would get so into the game and start yelling and shit, and I'd be like "Dude... it's just a game" xD Oh well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Oh and the first 2 years of HS gym, we had Tae Kwon Do instead. And I actually quite enjoyed learning all the moves and stuff, but when it came time that we started sparring, i was like "mehhh my fighting will only be used for good reasons" so with my amazing and masterful con artist talents, I got out of every single sparring match we ever had, and still did well in the class ^_^

5. Paragon

Paragon Guest

sport hurts me to my soul, i understand the love of it, but im way too bad at it to try...
    i prefer gymnastics

6. CrimsonThunder

lol I'm competetive in super smash bros brawl, I barely lose. ;D I consider video games a sport >_>

----------

Thats why people train my friend. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is professional wrestling included in the definition of sports? I ask because I have had many an argument over it’s inclusion in the world of sports. If so I am finally athletically inclined!

Other than that I just watch the Olympics.

8. CrimsonThunder

I stated it in the first post.

9. lostinthought9

I sometimes watch WWE, but it's nothing like it used to be though...:frowning2:. I'm a huge fan of motorsports, espicially NASCAR. AND, I just started watching football this weekend. I was never interested in it, until I noticed how hot those players are! :grin: Go Saints!!

I don't play sports, mainly because I'm not physically fit for it. Plus, I get into it too much, and take it too personal. lol

10. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I'm a cheerleader and it is a sport! I also play a little volleyball (but not very often)

11. Paragon

Paragon Guest

but to be fair i dont enjoy it either

12. CrimsonThunder

Ahh racing. Watched the Bathurst and Holden won all 3. :wink:

Another thing I love, cars. :grin:

13. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i love watching EVERYTHING (except golf... and the only car racing i like is F1)

i'm playing soccer right now, also a goalkeeper. i play snooker and english billiards competitively but i'm not all that great at either. i've played australian football, rugby league, and rugby union competitively in the past. When i was younger i was a great sprinter (slightly over 11 seconds for 100m at age 16... should have trained more!) and long jumper. Had my fair share of injuries, i've dislocated a collar bone, broken a few fingers, shattered my left index finger, dislocated a thumb...

i've dabbled at tennis and cricket, both are a hell of a lot of fun.

14. CrimsonThunder

ohh another goalie. :grin: worst soccer injury i've gotten is when scooping a ball up some guy kicked me right in the hand (instead of the ball) and i kept playing, eventually took my glove off cos it was starting to hurt, found out my thumb was barely hanging on haha.

Worst injury i've given is while at soccer training i was in outfield and one of our other goalies was in goals, both of us slid for the ball i ended up breaking his shin bone right in half with my leg. i was not hurt at all. lol

15. Bryan44

I played soccer for two years, it was fun. I also played football, basketball, baseball and ran track. My favorite sport is basball, I still play for my school.

16. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha, ouch

ya most of my injuries were from rugby league, i spent the most time playing that. Shattered finger was from aussie football though. haven't been keeping long enough to get any injuries from it.

i landed on some poor kids leg in the U16's.... same thing, it broke and i was fine.

17. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Used to play rugby. Gave it up due to back and knee problems. :frowning2:

18. CrimsonThunder

hes a kid, he deserves it :wink:

----------

ouch, career ended early right there...

19. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Yeh. I loved the crunching tackles against the smaller players and the rather nice contact in the scrums :grin: I loved being a number 8. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. CrimsonThunder

haha, smaller players. you dawg. ;P