1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Sensor Bar

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberstone, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Emberstone

Mine apperently has died just about three months after I got my wii. If that is going to be the quality of a nintendo wii sensor bar, I dont know if I really want to buy a offical one.

Anyone have suggetions for a good brand that makes a good wii sensor bar periphrial?

2. Greggers

Thats funny, mine is going on two~three years and it works perfectly. In fact, ive never ever had an official Nintendo product die on me yet.... (even my NES still works perfectly!)

I would say your never going to find a knock-off that works like the real thing, but if your not trusting the official Wii sensor bar try searching customer reviews on big sites like Best Buy and see what people are saying about the different kinds?

3. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd get another from Nintendo. The wii is pretty well built and I think your sensor bar breaking was an anomaly. For something as vital to the wii as the sensor bar I wouldn't recommend getting something made by a third party.

4. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woo! *nintendo pride*
    All Nintendo products I have work amazingly still, even after some have been dropped and beaten around. My sensor bar died, but that was because my cats got to the cord. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I got a wireless sensor bar which is alright. It works great and all but having to change the batteries all the time pisses the hell out of me.

5. Gaetan

Despite extensive abuse, my Wii sensor bar i still working fine. As new as yours is, you might be able to contact Nintendo and get a free replacement under warranty.

If you just need the sensor bar really quick to launch a game that doesn't need it (like Smash Bros.) a work around is to use two lighters. Light them and position them horizontally a few inches from each other, and point the Wiimote at them. Shaky, but works great if you need it.

6. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually yes do this. I've heard that Nintendo's support for the Wii is FANTASTIC.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did anything happen to it to make it stop working? Or did it simply conk out on you? I had mine attached to the bottom of my TV (which is mounted on the wall). Eventually, the sticky tape wore out and it fell off. But rather than just tape it back on, I just kept pushing it back on without adding more tape. (Let's hear it for laziness! If you can be bothered, that is...) It ended up falling off and banging into things about a dozen times before I finally wised up and retaped it.

...mine still works really well, though.

Lex

8. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Could be a one thats been made bad. All it is, is 8 infra red LEDs. Depending on how its made up if ones goes then it stops the others working. Normally is down to the lead free solder thats rather crap and sort of stops things from working.

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My cat chewed through my sensor bar, so I a Nyko wireless one. It works fine, but I'd suggest buying rechargeable batteries. It does eat up the juice. I think they are only like 20 bucks too.

10. Emberstone

Well, it simply has been sitting on my tv for the past three months. well, it is my brother and sister-in-laws tv, but it has a nice little ledge on it that the Wii bar fits. It basically has been sitting there since I got it.

I can still play guitar hero and rockband, but I bought a mic and without a wiimote, I cant connect it.

I will look into getting a new one from nintendo I guess.