1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Wire

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LostLurker, Oct 27, 2009.

1. LostLurker

I didn't see this show until this year, so I may be late to the game, but it was pretty damn awesome. I wouldn't say favorite (SFU vies for that spot), but it's definitely the best story I've seen executed on television. Though, that's coming from a realism fanatic.
    Has anyone here seen it? Anyone else a fan like me? My favorite plot arc was probably the drug legalization story. What about you?

2. Steam Giant

Oh, I love The Wire! It really illustrates just how difficult the police have it in bringing these people down, especially among an environment of corruption and ineptitude.

Hehe, my favorite part was when two people were having phone sex, and the police were listening in and laughing, and it went on for quite a while, then at the end when they were about to kill the feed, the two people started to talk about drugs etc and things the cops didn't know about yet, and the officers were like, whoa!

3. LostLurker

That was pretty hilarious. So much meticulous detail in that show.

But um, about the first part of what you said, it seems like they went deeper than that. The bad guys didn't seem wholly bad, and the cops didn't seem like particularly decent people (except Bunny Colvin).

4. Steam Giant

Oh, totally agreed. Everybody everybody everybody has their own motivations for what they do, and they all have lives of their own and people they love. This all makes them feel so human, which is really the best part of the show for me.

5. LostLurker

Exactly! I actually really disliked Carver until the season four finale. It was pretty sad, but an amazing conclusion to that arc.