1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adam Lambert's Album Cover: Xanadu, Or A Xana-Don't?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by EM68, Oct 28, 2009.

1. EM68

2. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He looks like a woman. And not in an "oh how awesome of him, he's being himself" way. I mean in a "wtf is he doing in that" way.

3. Astaroth

I'm all for it. Bowie went down this road decades ago. Gender bending is no big deal to me, and at this point I hope it's no big deal to anyone else. It isn't like he's trying to be some posterboy for what all gay guys look like.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It definitely fits his whole Glam Rocker image he developed on AI. I like it, it looks a bit too feminine for my taste, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy it if I like his music on the album itself. Gender bending is becoming more and more common in music today, so it isn’t like we’ve never seen something like this from an up-and-coming artist putting something new out. It's his first album so I'm sure he put lots of thought and consideration into planning how to pull it all together.

5. ANightDude

I love Adam with a passion, but I don't care for the cover that much. He'd turn people off. We know he's gay, but passing by in Target would make you think he's way over the top about it. I'm still buying it, regardless. :slight_smile:

6. Amy

Amy

Nonono.
    He looks like Jeffree Star.

7. BeautifulStranger

That's a big "NO" from me
    It worked for Bowie... but not Lambert.

It'd be better if he had a little consistency in his looks.
    He went from doing the cover of DETAILS looking more masculine than I ever thought he could, to that CD cover. Although Bowie didn't always dress like a women, he still had an air of androgyny to him.

8. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he looks pretty :icon_redf

9. Greggers

I. Fucking. OMFG. Fucking. Love. It.

He looks so good! Total bowie, but he pulls it off so well. He looks amazing with all the makeup and makes me very excited that it might be just the kind of style i wanted him to make. Plus, he is just so pretty :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I like 'em pretty.

10. Tim

Tim

... Does it remind anyone else of Were the World Mine? (Tanner Cohen in the Puck outfit/makeup)

11. Greggers

Doh! Totally!

This is the best photo of it i could find:

[​IMG]

12. KnightAssassin

i love adam he is cute and his pic looks alittle to fem for me but ehhh idk though i will buy his cd !

13. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It looks cheap and campy.

I don't care for it, but whatever its his cover, but I wouldn't go with that image for a debut album. Maybe a third album after I had enough followers. If he succeeds he may go huge (I'm talking legend not ordinary celeb)

And him being a gay celebrity, people are going to assume more gay people are like this.

14. Greggers

Euck, i hate the idea of "toning it down for the first album or two". Thats SO freaking retarded. Adam should be 100% Adam, and if people dont like it then thats there problem. Adam will do fine being camp, hes not shied away from it before, why start now? And to please others? thats just not cool.

I love Lady GaGa cause from Day 1 she was who she was, she didnt "ease into the business". She is doing fine being her openly sexual and crazy self, why not Adam too? The world is ready for this.

15. Ralf

ahh he's soo cute :slight_smile: AND he's a counter-tenor (technically!). Do two times awesome :grin:
    some of the pictures of him do make him look like a women though :/

16. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like it. I think Adam has a nice glam rock lookon that cover, personally. :grin:

17. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Not toning it down in that way, but exaggerating sexuality to the maximum without losing sells. Lady Gaga is a woman who is mainly about heterosexuality, and a hint of lesbianism for the shock appeal. Kinda like Madonna in the early 90s, but Madonna was just straight early on.

Adam is a product now, and so is Lady Gaga. But Madonna even shy from super controversial works to offend people, there's like an invisible line between shock affect and marketing success.

But he's risking sells, (not that I care), by dressing so flamboyant and not that sexual. There's no sex factor in there except make up. Straight guys will pick it up, "What a fag"... straight women, "He's dress like a girl! eww crossdresser".

Gay people will not pick it up unless they are completely out, and at the same time like his music, and at the same are confident in themselves. And they might be offended by his image.

And unless the single is so outrageous to shock and get people to get into his world then it might be a failure.

#17 Jack2009, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  18. Charme

Charme Guest

Agreed. But his fans are mostly women though so.

19. Amy

Amy

That's the stupid argument that anyone with same sex attractions is a gay rights activist.

He doesn't really give a shit about stereotyping the gay community. He has said it before many times: just because he is a gay celebrity, does not mean that he is going to be a gay rights activist; that's not what he signed up for, and that's not what he wants.

20. littledinosaurs

Props to him for doing what he wanted to do on his first album.