1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink Floyd Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Shevanel, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Shevanel

Yeah, They're my favorite band of all time. And I know there are other fans on here too =P I love them so much, I sometimes forget I do xD. They're amazing <3

And I have this poster as well ^_^

[​IMG]

2. djt820

I LOVE LADY GA-
    Oh.
    ._.
    But seriously, one of the greatest 4/4 bands of all time. Animals, The Final Cut, Obscured by Clouds even.

3. s5m1

Oh yes! I spent many a late night with Dark Side of the Moon, spinning in my bed.

4. Shevanel

*one of the greatest bands of all time, if not the greatest

5. GhostDog

Pink Floyd! <3 I grew up listening to them with my dad. Good times, good times. I keep trying to think of what my favorite song of theirs is, but that's almost as hard as coming up with a song by them I don't like. =P

IN SHORT: HELL YES, PINK FLOYD.

I... I think I need that poster.

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dark side of the moon is the greatest album of all time.

7. Shevanel

The amount of times I've listened to Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety (because Obviously we all know, thats the way its meant to be listened to :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), I truly wish I could've counted, because that number would be so high, perhaps more than any other song I've ever listened to before. Dark Side of the Moon is definitely my favorite album of all time. But I can't go into favorite songs. ESPECIALLY on Dark Side. It's just impossible for me. It's like dividing by zero. But even on the other albums I can't do it. I do wish there was more Syd Barrett stuff, but he went his own way v_v but it's okay. Piper at the Gates of Dawn is a great album, but Gilmour is basically my idol. It's really his involvement in Pink Floyd that makes them my favorite band ever. But of course, its the way the band works together that makes them so amazing. It's so sad that there is no more chance for a real reunion now that Richard Wright died :frowning2: Oh well :frowning2: To have seen them all together live...

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gilmour was always my favourite of the floyds.

As far as the best song on dark side goes, can't be decided, but for me the great gig in the sky is the most evocative.

9. partietraumatic

i won't pretend to be a huge pink floyd fan,but as a guitarist myself, Gilmour is genius and comfortably numb is one of the most orgasmic solos ever :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Darkwing65

Agreed!
    ----------

:thumbsup:

This album blows my mend every time i hear it. It's transcendental, philosophical, UNSTOPPABLE! It's because of Dark Side of the moon that i own almost every Pink Floyd album.

On a side note, have you ever dubbed it to the Wizard of Oz? I've see Dark side of the Rainbow so many time that when i see the Wizard of Oz alone, Pink Floyd plays in my head.

#10 Darkwing65, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  11. kramer362

I saw Roger Waters' Dark Side of the Moon Tour two summers ago- it was like a 3 hour orgasm, literally one of the most perfect days ever.

I was so beat from spending the entire day walking the amusement park before the show (which went pretty late), that combined with setting up party tents for 9 hours the following day, on very little sleep, it probably helped contribute to my falling asleep and crashing my car the night after the show...

It was worth it.

(Obviously no one got hurt, it would NOT have been worth anyone's life, lol)

12. Shevanel

Dark Side of Oz FTW xD I actually even showed that to my afterschool "Sodality" group in High School xD It was sweet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Pink Floyd lover here! (my signature speaks for itself :grin:)

Dark Side of the Moon is just flawless... and so are The Wall and Wish You Were Here. Shine on you crazy diamond still gives me goosebumps... the intro is just so fucking awesome!

Their early psychedelic sound is quite good too, though not as great as their later stuff in my opinion. I saw Roger Water live in 2007 and it was AMAZING!

14. GoBabyGoGo

YES!! Pink Floyd are really amazing.
    Trent Reznor (my hero :slight_smile:) said he was deeply inspired by 'the wall' and pink floyd have also inspired many other great prog bands such as porcupine tree!
    i absolutely love the video for the wall! its so interesting and arty and at times random, but you really get to understand it better
    But my personal favourite has got to be 'The Dark Side of the Moon'. It holds together so well as a concept album.. so many memorable moments - -

15. kettleoffish

*appreciates*

16. Zach

Ah yes ... Pink Floyd :thumbsup: I agree, Dark Side Of The Moon is one of my fav's, and it's right up there on my list. I think I have collected everything the Floyd ever released, and I have wasted vast amounts of my time listing to all of them. :eusa_clap I don't regret a single moment :lol:

17. SlickyPants

It's about time someone made a Pink Floyd appreciation thread! Thanks Joey.

I also went to see Roger back in 2007 and it was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. It goes without saying that the music was great. The visuals were great. Being surrounded by laughter during Brain Damage was a nice touch too.

18. Darkwing65

Awesome!

19. adam88

One of my all-time favourites. I've got quite a few original pressings - DSOTM, Wish You Were Here and Meddle in vinyl. :grin:

20. olides84

Oh jeez Joey, I missed this thread while I was away. Thanks to ^ for bumping it.

I am definitely a Pink Floyd fanboy. Yes Dark Side and the Wall, but for me, Wish You Were Here is my number one favorite. We'd go to my friends place once the bars close (2am in California, sucks!) and just drunkenly lie in the dark living room, with a laser machine turned on lol, just blasting out Wish You Were Here till the nice chemically induced sleep washed over us :slight_smile: