1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This sounds like a hoot! "My Lesbian Mother's Jewish Wiccan Wedding"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chip, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got an email invitation to this. (Don't ask why I get emails from Toronto when i live in California... long story...) It really sounds like a hoot.... no pun intended :slight_smile:

Pride Toronto, in association with Mirvish Productions,
    to host fundraising evening at hit musical
    "My Lesbian Mother's Jewish Wiccan Wedding"

Pride Toronto will host an evening of theatre with My Lesbian Mother's Jewish Wiccan Wedding presented by Mirvish Productions on November 20, 2009.

Based on a true story, My Mother's Lesbian Jewish Wiccan Wedding tells the story of a mother and her teen-aged son. The mother feels lost in life, wrestling with her identity. A new job brings new opportunities and with it a chance to truly find herself, discovering her sexuality, rediscovering her faith and coming out as a lesbian to her son, ex-husband and homophobic Jewish mother. My Mother's Lesbian Jewish Wiccan Wedding is for every mother who has ever come out to her children as a lesbian... and a Jew. It is for every girlfriend who has met her future lesbian in-laws... at Hooters. And it's for everyone who's ever been in love.

Sponsored by TD Canada Trust, the theatre evening is part of Pride Toronto's Fall program, and is the second in the new year-round program of events. Proceeds of all tickets sold will go towards funding the organization's International Human Rights Program in 2010.
    "We are excited at being a part of these initiatives to raise funds for Pride Toronto's international Human Rights program" said Scott Mullin, VP Government and Community Relations, TD Bank Financial Group. "The program has helped shine a spotlight on LGBT human rights issues both locally and abroad for several years, and this is directly in keeping with the bank's commitment to supporting the community."

For details and ticket information for both events, visit www.pridetoronto.com/events.

2. RaeofLite

lol, I might try to see it.

3. Greggers

Too bad im not going to be in Toronto anytime soon :frowning2: Sounds great! Toronto Pride is just...amazing...and so huge. Year round events seems like a good idea for the city, i know tourism is down alot now and whats better than gaying up the city year round to make more people come :slight_smile:

4. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn not living in Toronto!!! That is actually amazing!!!!