1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A christmas carol (with jim carrey)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 71390S, Nov 13, 2009.

1. 71390S

71390S Guest

Have you peoples seen it? I saw it last night. SO not what I was anticipating. Good movie, but NOT for little kids (in my scared-y pants opinion).

2. Eleanor Rigby

Really ? Because I was planning to take my class seing it (and to read the book in class with my oldest pupils).

3. Amy

Amy

I have seen it yet, but I really want to.
    I'm a huge fan of A Christmas Carol.

I heard from some people that it wasn't very good, though. :/
    O, well. It's still one of my favourite stories of all time. :]

4. 71390S

71390S Guest

It's very, very dark. I know I went into it expecting it to be a fun, semi light hearted christmas movie. So maybe others don't like it because that's what they thought too, and when they figured out how dark it was they were thrown off/dissapointed. I thought it was still really good though.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am super excited to see it! A Christmas Carol is one of my favorite stories of all time. :grin:

Hopefully it isn't too dark and scary because the only way I can get to the theater is if my siblings go too. And I think it is meant to be a pretty dark story overall, I mean Scrooge has to learn and the only thing that really sets him straight is the creepy stuff.

6. 71390S

71390S Guest

Yeah! Some scenes made me just go WOW though, lol. How old are your cousins? I guess it depends on the kid too.

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm only worried about it scaring my brother, he's 9. We watch the traditional version every year, so he knows the general story and all that. He's pretty good with some of the scarier movies we watch together most of the time.