1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

doctor who : the waters of mars

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Just Adam, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Just Adam

i just had to say jsut watched this and WOW! possibly one of tennants best... brilliant

action packed kind of reminded me of THE THING a brilliant movie... but with the power of the time lord of course :wink:

the doctor goes to far he over extends his authority and it doesent work out for him....hes ends ona slightly unhinged note

the sneak peek at THE END OF TIME looked great the master is back :grin: and has bright blond hair haha... kinda interesting to see how that works...

so yea jsut had to say what a great hour :slight_smile:

2. JakeBHT

Agree, just finished watching it!

3. -Michael-

this should be deleted

basically ruined it for the americans

4. Just Adam

wow there goes my cheery mood

5. fallendream

...how many times do they have to kill the master, every christmas?

6. mattypants

/raises his clenched fist in american responce

:tantrum:

7. pirateninja

I blame my flatmates.

They had the X factor results on. On MY tv.

Bastards.

8. Greggers

Im Canadian. Ive seen it. Heh. :slight_smile:

Im just a bigger Doctor Who fan than the rest of my Canadian and American friends, thats all. I kid, i kid, well not really, but oh well. (who has a sonic screwdriver and physic paper? oh thats right, me!)

Anyways...

I loved it, but i still liked the last special better. The supporting characters on it were better, the overall plot was smoother, and it had some amazing one-liners. I still LOVED this episode, but srsly some of the cast was just not up to par and it seemed kind of like the second half was the *real* episode and the first half was more the looooong intro, know what i mean? Still loved it, David is brilliant, i got bumps and chills, i even cried, but the last special was still better IMHO.

Oh, but did anyone catch the part with the Russian guy talking about his brother? ....who had a husband? :slight_smile: I felt all warm and fuzzy inside having a husband and husband relationship even just mentioned, in a matter-of-fact way. It was a nice thing for RTD to do before the show gets de-gayed by whoever comes along next.

9. Helen

Helen Guest

He's a time lord, he regenerates. Duh.

I wasn't too keen on the whole MEGALOMANIAC moment David Tennant seemed to have at the end, but the rest of the episode was very good indeed. I do like the newer Doctor Who, it does capture a lot of the spirit of the older Doctor Who, but it admittedly has a lot more melodrama in it than I would really like. I prefer it when the Doctor's emotional attachments and personal life aren't really explored, and he remains a bit of an enigma. That's my main criticism of Tennant's Doctor, really, the fact that you learn more about him than you've ever done before.

10. RainbowJay

I'm in America and I've seen it too :]
    it should've been on saturday really because that's the anniversary day of the discovery of water on mars (it's only logical), but then Merlin unfortunately wouldn't have been on o.o

there really shouldn't be a seperate topic though for a random Doctor Who special, the whole show, maybe, but not just this

and spoilers should be indicated as spoilers BEFORE there's conflict

tiny spoilers BELOW:

I actually laughed at this episode more than I got chills, Tennant is starting to over-act so I can't wait for a new doctor... I'm sick and tired of the mere mention of Daleks, I mean give it a break already! they're just silly salt-shakers and they just won't die already

who could've missed that husband thing? so sweet :3
    RTD doesn't get a pass though, for what he did to Torchwood, I'm NEVER EVER gonna forgive him...

I couldn't really take the episode seriously, especially when the infected were spraying water everywhere like shower nozzles :roflmao:

I like the Master, at least he doesn't pop up as often as the blood Daleks >_>

11. Helen

Helen Guest

The Daleks are SUPPOSED to appear a lot! They're the most notorious Doctor Who villains :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. mattypants

omg... just finished watching it... and i almost cried a bit too

and even im a bit tired of the daleks too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Just Adam

thing is a timelord can only regenerate while alive it doesent work after death, the master died in series 3 finale he refused to regenerate thus finally winning against the doctor...but from what ive seen this master is more than jsut a simple come back to life thign somthign iffy about it...

as for the megalomaniac moment of the doctor i watched teh behind the scenes after and tehy were all talkign abotu it and they were saying he became what the master is... a timelord beeing a time lord takeing the power to its full extent and useing it... but the doctor over reached himself he wasent ready to weild that kind of power th etime line snapped back into place but the overal outcoem remained the same... the importatn factor of the time line still occured the death.

teh doctor had allways seen himself as a victim of the time war but now he saw himself as the survivor the winner and he allways said the time lords controlled teh dimensions space and time... now he realised he was a time lord controling it was his duty and right and he tried to make it do what he wanted but... on this occasion he couldent...david said it was to much for the doctor that kind of power as if he could do this what is to stop him going back into the time war and changing that or stopping rose ever getting pulled into the void... tennant actualyl described it as teh doctor ripping time apart.

the first special was great but the second showed the approaching climax of this doctor... at teh end hes a man running for his life in the tardis...

i found it all very emotional ... i cant think of an actor who could of pulled that off...

im jsut wishing captain jack would appear in the end of time as i feel he should be there when doctor regenerates.