1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight Saga - New Moon

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaz83, Nov 20, 2009.

1. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

I just been to see new moon and i can tell you it is superb. had a few sly comments from my pals about goin to see a girlie film, but so what i think its a superb series so far and cant wait for the next one now. totally recommend to ya all

2. Greggers

It was definitely better than the last movie, but Kirstin Stewart still cant f-ing act. I dont think you can have a movie with such raw emotion like the books if one of the three main characters can only portray two separate emotions. This movie was definitly fun, entertaining and semi-followed the plot line of the book to the point that they got the core bits in there at some point (but WTF was with the Alice e-mails...). I would definitly not put it on the same shelf with all my other DvDs though, because it was just not a "good movie", it was a "good teen flick". No awards that anyone over 30 know about will be given to this movie. Just my thoughts.

3. Emberstone

Does this mean, that unlike the books, the films will get better with each new installment?

The first book was utter crap, and it went down hill from there. How much did they change from the book in new moon to make it work better for the screen?

All I know is that I couldnt watch a preview of tv spot for new moon without laughing about how bad and hammy it looked.

Kristian Stewart can make what one assumes would be a thrilling idea, and turn it into something drier than burned toast.

"Ouch".... pathetic pause..."papercut."

She is like the heidi montag of acting. Just like stephenie meyer is the heidi montag of writing. Dry, with no real substance.

4. musican

I think that everyone can agree that Kristen Stewart doesn't do a good job acting as Bella. It makes me wonder what the other people that auditioned for the role were like... *shudders*

I liked New Moon more than Twilight because it had more action, more Taylor Lautner, and the wolf pack, haha. I like how they did the special effects in New Moon.

5. Tim

Tim

I find it funny everyone says Kristen sucks at acting, yet almost all the critics are saying she's carrying Twilight and New Moon. XD

6. Shevanel

Probably has to do with the fact they're gay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Kristen Stewart really isn't that bad of an actress.

7. Greggers

Every critic i have read so far on twilight and new moon have bashed it into the ground, very much including Kirsten. Thats why i dont really read prof. movie critics cause they tend to not be able to understand a movie can be bad, but entertaining, and therefore worth watching.

This is just various local newspapers, but i heard those two guys with the TV show E and R or whatever bashed it big time.

8. musican

(I'd just like to point out that I liked her in other movies, but she doesn't seem right as Bella)

Did you watch New Moon? What's your opinion of her acting in the scenes when she has nightmares?

9. Shevanel

Did I? Because if you seriously think I spent money to see a movie like that you need to take a few steps back and remind yourself of who you're asking that question to xD

10. musican

xD My point was that she was acting like she was severely sleep constipated. If that's what she was going for, then kudos to her, she deserves awards for that scene xP

11. Shevanel

We'll see how she does in the Joan Jett movie coming out, with her in the starring role. It'll be a different character than anyone she's ever played before. So hopefully she'll get out the typecast role of the dreary teen, and into more explorative roles. We'll see.

12. MusicIsLife

New Moon was awesome, imo. And i agree with the above posters that Kristen isnt that great of an actress, but Jacob was sooo good. I thought Taylor was perfect as Jacob, which makes the movie for me.

As a side note, I dont really watch new moon for high-quality entertainment. Its just for fun...That almost sounds redundant but you get what I mean, right?

13. Emberstone

I like Taylor more ever since he refered to the pedophillic imprinting of his character on bellas hours old demon spawn to be creepy.

Meyer has one sick, warped, ultra-perverse view of right and wrong. Edward is a misogynic, manipultive stalker. Jacob is slightly less stalkerish, and turns out to be a infant obsessed pedophille. Bella is a whiney, vain, shallow, self centered peice of crap... This would have all been easier to suffer if meyer actually knew crap about character development, plot structure, and writing.

"Bella, I am dangerous, and you should stay away from me... ready to go to biology class? we should sit together and stuff."

The best thing K. Stew ever did was smoke pot on her front stoop infront of the paparratzi. That almost excuses her lame acting.

14. lostinthought9

LOL. ^^ I agree with ya, she really isn't that bad.
    Although, Nick has a point. Those screaming tantrums she had during her nightmares were so...horrible. haha

But, I'm a Twilight fan, and I thought New Moon was great.
    --Just curious, has anyone ever cheered for Mike? My friends all pick on me for being on "Team Mike." (I can't help it, he's cute.) XD

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys who cares about the film.
    We had this: [​IMG] and this [​IMG]

NUFF SAID.

16. Emberstone

bah... shirtless guys is not enough to get me to drop money into pedomeyer's pocket as she continues to profit from her wet dreams which she marketed to tween girls.

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol. Also I'm a thousand times the actor that Kristin Stewart is and frankly, I don't get why the hell I'm stuck in this town and not in Hollywood.

18. SRSLYMARK

I thought Kristin did good....xD.

I thought that the whole movie was such a huge step up from Twilight. I actually really enjoyed myself as I watched it.

Shirtless Taylor Lautner didn't hurt, though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Jerr

Forgot where I read that but I agree...

And I actually Like Twilight. (I really wish she would have given the series a name... Like His Dark Materials. Or The Lord of the Rings... something to refer to ALL of it.)

One thing about the 2nd movie that is kinda maken me not want to see it... the poster of the wolf pack.... Ok, Jacob is freaking ... good looking for his age. (Pedophile bad...) and like one other wolf guy I see is REALLY in shape. The others aren't BAD but they aren't in the kind of shape where they have full on extremely defined 6 or 8 pac without having to tense up...