1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This picture warms my heart. :3 [Twilight vs. Hellsing]

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MusicIsLife, Nov 22, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

2. NickT

3. musican

This is not what I was expecting, lol. I enjoy Twilight, but I can still laugh at this :slight_smile:

4. RaeofLite

LOL
    Interesting how the world works in the land of comics.

5. Emberstone

im sad the bullet isnt going through bella's head too. Save the world alot of heartache and pedophillia.

6. Emberstone

Edward needs to lay off the eyeshadow...

I always thought it was weird that a mormon writer would be okay with her love interest *she has repeatedly said she was bella after all* being protrayed on screen wearing more makeup than tammy faye messingr *may she rest in peace. towards the end, I really liked her when she got a chance to show herself for more of who she was as a person*

7. Gera-Kun

LOL! this is funny! im a twilight fan, but its still funny :3

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

9. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    OWNED! BOOM vampires dont glitter for crying out loud!

10. mattypants

its "BOOM head shot!!"

:grin:

11. Emberstone

please, everyone notice the alarming lack of brainmatter exiting with the bullet.

12. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
  13. Just Adam

meh... it wouldent work im pretty sure Edward is bulelt proof... well from reading books you would think so though from new moon he gets slammed on floor and it looks dodgy do hmmm..

besides meh dante would own them both. and lestat would kick everyones ass...

14. Emberstone

because nothing is more interesting then a cast of characters who are invulnerable in every way being persued and dominated by a pretentious bitch who intentianally gets herself into shitloads of trouble so the invulnerable turds can save her so she doesnt have to lift a single finger to support herself in any way, because god forbid she have any responciblity for herself as I write this as one long run-on in honor of the criminally insane housefrau who plunked it down at a computer that clealy didnt have a spell or grammar checker... or spelling and grammar is against her religious beliefs.

#15 Emberstone, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  15. Gaetan

I love it! :grin:

16. ArcaneVerse

omg <3 awesome. i Love hellsing.and yes twilight sucks majorly.

17. Tim

Tim

You know, there are people on this board who like Twilight, how about taking their feelings into consideration once, and not, you know, bash it like you keep doing.

If you don't have something nice to say about something, why bother post about it at all?

I hate Lady Gaga. I've posted maybe twice about that, however, those posts involved actual conversation that continued the thread. At the same time, I don't go around saying she sucks, I just say she isn't the type of music I listen to. You blatantly go around bashing it.

I also love how you bash Stephanie Meyer's grammar and spelling, which your grammar is horrible, and you misspelled the following words: pursued, intentionally, doesn't, responsibility, (housefrau... did you just combine 2 languages? >_>), clearly, and didn't.

Now, for the mods who wonder why I didn't PM this: Because I continuously see multiple members completely bashing Twilight, or other things, and nothing is ever done, even if it's brought to the attention of the staff, because they're "expressing their own opinion."

You can express your opinion without bashing something. Saying, "I don't understand the fuss over Twilight, it's not my taste, the ___, the ___, and ___ aren't nearly something I like to watch." Instead, people seem to go "Twilight sucks, it's full of pedophilia, sparkling vampires, and other stupid things", which, obviously, is not productive at all, and only really fuels to separate the members more.

Just something I wanted to bring up, since Ember made multiple posts in the same thread bashing twilight.

Onto the actual picture, I find it actually quite funny, I did laugh. However, the comments others are making are making me feel like I should leave EC, just because last time I checked, I came here for "A safe place to chat" and people bashing something I just happen to like does not say "safe" to me.

There is a fine line between joking, fooling around, etc, and bashing, hating, etc.

EDIT: And to clarify: I'm a fan, nothing more. I'm not an overly obsessed twilight fan, nothing, simply like the movies, not even that fond of the books. So if it bugs someone like me, just imagine how people who are massive fans of the series feels when they read comments like this.

#18 Tim, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  18. Emberstone

The thing is, it is not like I am bashing twilight fans. sure, I will admit, there are some scary fans, and I will comment on that, but heck, they exist in every fandom. I define the difference between a fan, and someone who cut their necks enough to make them bleed so they can ask at the film premires for Robert to suck their blood.

But the fact of the matter is, Twilight is just plain terrible, expecially when put up against it's author's claim of being a English major.

The writing breaks basic rules of english grammar you would expect a third grader to at least have a growing understanding of. She misuses words (and I admit freely, I do to. My mind says one thing, my finger hears something similer... but that is what editing is for, and if you are going to be a writer, editing is more important than writing in the long run anyways.) Her structure is atrocious (and basically non-existant), and reinforces a well-known truth about 1st person perspective; if you dont know what you are doing, write in a different perspective.

She spends the whole of the books telling the reader everything instead of showing it... which is why First Person is so easy to screw up. It becomes harder to show when you write in that perspective. Making that worse, she repeats herself constantly, fluffing out the wordcount of each books with repititious gushing on the part of Bella. It really doesnt vary... both in the course of a single book, or in the whole of the series. It is plain lazy on her part. Once you sit through it two or three times, there is no legitimate reason for meyer to keep forcing her readers to read those passages, because she never varies the language enough to warrent them.

Her books do nothing more than ramble on in a disjointed fashion. There is no real plot structure to the books. it is A to B to C to D to...etc. The events scattered throughout the padded out length of a meyer book do not really lead into each other. Each event basically happens once she gets bored with a previous one. They arent pulled together in a coherent way.

No harry stabbing tom riddle's diary with a basilisk fang, and profoundly revealing to dumbledore the means of which voldemort can be destoryed. No Samwise traveling long and far with frodo, building a bond that weathers the fires of mount doom and saves the day. No Oddyseus facing temptation throughout his journey to prove his devotion to his love.

Everything happens as if it merely popped into meyers head, and she put it down on paper and never truly gave it another thought. It never gets pulled together into something coherent and meaningful. It jst continues to ramble, like the mutterings of a insane person lost in their own world and talking to themselves.

There is absolutely no real character development. She relys on names, over abused (on her part) physical descriptions, and cliched and spaingly used personality traits that dont even come close to developing a reasonable personality for any of her characters. There is no humanity to them. They are paper doll puppets that she is using as if to play house/dressup... and not even doing a good job wth that.

She gushes how it is about true love, but never once in the whole of the series do any of the character truly express anything that can be counted as love. They are all shallow, vain, and self serving. They manipulate each other. They are not developed enough to portray emotions in any feasable way, and love is a emotion... love and lust are not the same thing, as lust is a physical responce. Meyer portrays lust, and calls it love.

No real critical thought goes into her books. She never truly thinks things through. One second, vampires cannot father children because she said in interviews their seman was replaced by vampire venom when they were turned, and therefore, it is impossible for them to have children. The next second, edward impregnats bella. Then she has the nerve to claim it was all a plot twist... no... it wasnt stephenie. A plot twist does not contradict, it reveals something the characters were mistaken on. You said in the books it couldnt happen, and outside the books, you confirmed that further... then you changed your mind and broke your own rules.

A lit student should understand that. Plot Twists is one of the most basic elements of story structure. The careful misleading of the reader to build up the tension until the revelation that changes it all, catching the reader by surprise. A Plot Twist never breaks a rule, it only reveals something the characters assumed was true was actually not. Stephenie Meyer confirmed it wouldnt happen outside the books, and then changed her mind and did it anyways. Not a plot twist... it is purely a cop out, one of countless many that fill her books.

Being critical of Twilight is well warrented for. It is attrocious in every conceivable way, and I didnt event explore its glorification of pedophillia, stalking, and misogynic abuse and posessive subjugation of woman on the fact that guys have penis's and girls have vaginas, and so that means woman are to be tamed and owned.

If people cant speak openly of their opinions on twilight, and yes, why they do not like it, how fair is it that you are implying that if you dont like it, then shut up? If you want to leave EC because some people are getting sick of constant twilight praise, and share why they think twilight is awful, then I am sorry. But no one is attacking you for liking twilight.

Stephenie Meyer is a horrible writer. Her books are testiment to her lack of basic comprehension of english grammar, spelling, and syntax, and the literary concepts a person couldnt even get a D- average in a Literature focused english degree without uderstanding. If you are offended by that, then I am sorry. But no one is attacking you for liking twilight.

I love desperate housewives and family guy, and lord knows there are alot of people critical of these shows. Do I take offence to that? No, I do not.

But if you dont like that there are people who are critical of Twilight, how is it fair that you can priaise it, but people cant be critical of it. You are blasting people for having a opinion contrary to yours, without even justifying why you think they are wrong. A disagreement is perfectly fine, and healthy... but this isnt a disagreement, it is a outright attack slamming someone for having a opinion without justifing why you think they are wrong.

I will respect you for liking twilight, but please, at least respect the opinions of others for not liking it. There is alot to dislike, both in what she writes, and in the sloppy way she writes it.

19. jp xch

jp xch Guest

I agree.

I mean think about it, its just lady's fantasy about having a vampire drool over her. To make matters worse that wasn't enough for her. She had to have a werewolf fight for her too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the story just not of the way it was written. I feel it could have been written better. I mean think about it. How many times did she mention that Edward was the most beautiful thing Bella's seen? After a while it gets repetitive and boring.