1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on picture "editor"/"enhancer"?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Davey, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Davey

I have this picture of someone. They sent it to me as a joke they have been messing with me for some time now. Its really dark though but I'm guessing its him. The problem is I'm really bad at editing or enhancing photos.

I was wondering if someone could help me. I don't want to post the picture here ya know so maybe PM or something.

Thanks,
    Davey

2. SRSLYMARK

I gotcha. Just PM it to me.

3. Greggers

Well, im just going to take a shot at this so you can learn how to do it yourself :slight_smile:

If you have Photoshop or something built based on Photoshop there is four main tools anyone can use to easily fix a super dark / super light photo.

Image > Adjustments > Shadows / Highlights
    - Play around with the two bars, shadows and highlights, dragging the line from 0 to 100% and see how it changes. Shadows affects dark areas, Highlights affects light areas.

Image > Adjustments > Vibrance
    - Play around with the vibrance bar, dragging it from 0 to 100% and see how it changes. This will make the ENTIRE photo brighter or darker

Image > Adjustments > Curves
    - You will see a box with a diagonal line through it. You can grab different parts of the line and drag them up or down to change the dark/light areas of the photo, much like shadows/highlights. The up side to this is depending where you grab the line, different levels of light and dark will be changed. Harder to use, but if you make a mistake just quit and try again.

Image > Adjustments > Levels
    - You will see whats called a "Histogram" graph that shows the different levels of dark, light and midtones in the picture. Basically, move the white triangle shape to where the graph drops off on the right side and move the black triangle shape to where the graph drops off on the left side. This is a quick fix to balance out the picture.

I dont know if this will help at all, it relys on you having photoshop, but thats an easy way to fix your pictures :slight_smile:

4. Davey

Thanks!