1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Motherboard Problem

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Defraction, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Defraction

I know this ain't a tech forum but... Google's not really helping at the moment. :frowning2:

So I formatted my computer and reinstalled my OS all fine and dandy and what not. Only all of a sudden the motherboard can't be read by the computer (as in, using software to read my computer the motherboard comes up as "unknown", but I still get some form of ID that doesn't really account for anything...) and thus when I try to install the drivers for it, my disk tells me that it cannot support my motherboard.

My motherboard came with that disk, and I've not had this problem the previous 3 times I formatted. :/

The only problem with that that's bothering me is that I have no sound! And I have no idea what to do. :/

I've tried downloading some Realtek thing from Windows updates, and downloading drivers from websites to no avail.

Please help? :frowning2: :help:

2. i need help

did you check BIOS...to see if some how the on board sound got disabled...
    maybe that will help maybe not...what os are you running...?

i have a mother board that in windows non on the on board usb or even the usb headers work but they work in linux just fine...that one confuses me...?

3. Defraction

It's not that sound is disabled, it's the fact my computer somehow reckons I don't have a motherboard. xD Or at least it barely acknowledges its there. For some reason drivers can't install because they don't know why they should install, basically. :/ I don't see why this is. Surely if the motherboard was faulty, it wouldn't run at all?

I'll give it a check anyways. :')