1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Issues

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lostinthought9, Dec 3, 2009.

1. lostinthought9

Okay, I need some help. For some reason I cannot log into chat. I click on the Chat Room Tab button at the top of the main forum screen, and a new window will open. And that's it. It just displays a blank window. The mods and I have been trying to figure it out, but unfortunately there was little progress. SO...if ANYONE has any suggestions/tips on what can be done to solve it, PLEASE let me know. :help:

In case you were wondering, we already tried:
    -clearing all cache/cookies
    -Downloaded Java and Adobe Programs
    -Checked the "Add-on" list in internet options to make sure they were enabled
    -and have established that it's not a problem with my EC account, but a technical one with my browser or computer

(Browser is Internet Explorer)

So...yeah. :slight_smile:

2. Techcompu2

it seems to work ok for me in firefox, safari, and internet explorer. I would first try downloading safari or firefox and trying it in one of them.

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is your internet slow? Mines quick and it takes like 5 seconds to load all the way lol. Ermmm maybe you could try a different browser like firefox?

4. lostinthought9

My internet isn't slow. And, I don't think changing my browser would be a good idea. If I recall correctly, some of my classmates were having difficulties logging in to BlackBoard at our college, because they were using Firefox or Safari. I'm sure most of those issues were resolved, but I'd rather play it safe and not change my browser.

but Thanks though. :slight_smile:

5. fallendream

check parental control settings, even if you dont think theyre enabled.

update to the latest IE

update java, flash etc.

thats all i can think of for now.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, what's keeping you from installing multiple browsers on the same computer? I know people who seem to be using firefox and IE on the same machine.
    It might be worth a try. Even if it means it is a hassle to use a separate browser just to het to chat....

7. Techcompu2

I run IE firefox and safari on the same computer. I use safari most of the time, but I keep firefox and IE for when I need to do something that I can't do in safari.