1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight fans get punked BIG time

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chip, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, while I think this video is sorta funny, I also think it's pretty mean... but I gotta say the one woman at the end is taking it a little too far...

2. Emberstone

fairly dishonest, but funny, and quite truthful. Might show this to a teacher, who literally as a excercise, put up a page from new moon, and said you get a point for each error in grammar, syntax, pronoun usage, mispelling, and passive voice you find.

one page, and I tied with another person in the class with 36 points... out of 42 possible.

and you guys can tell from my posts that I am not the most proficent writer there is. So, Meyer, that is saying something.

but I also am suffering the indignity of a crappy dell keyboard... I HATE IT SO FRIGGAN MUCH! it doesnt always register key strikes.

3. NickT

At the VERY end: "Why, I don't wanna give them anymore footage <.<;;" XD!!!

4. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

this is the most amazing thing i have seen. like EVAR.

5. AtomicCafe

Love it!! I imagine if I were a fan, I'd be pretty angry to miss (or nearly miss) the real screening... but I hate Twilight with a passion, so I feel fine laughing at the morons wasting their nights!

6. Emberstone

they would never have gotten into showing anyways. the premire is a closed list event. I dont even think that the salahis would have been able to sneak into that one.

7. Fiorino

That was kind of a bitch thing to do imo. Even if you don't like twilight, you have no right to ruin the evening of people who do, he lied to them and got them all excited just to let them down. That just makes him seem like more of an asshole

8. Shevanel

I saw this awhile ago, its quite funny xD

9. Emberstone

Yah. it was mean. But he did have some valid points about twilight to make.

Meyerpyres do alot of sucking, but not in the vampire way.

10. Meropspusillus

People who are like "OMG TWILIGHT SUCKS" are almost as annoying as the people who are like "OMG TWILIGHT ROCKS".

I've never read or watched Twilight, but that guy is a total douchebag. He's as much as loser, if not more so, than anyone there.

Edit: Vampires aren't real, they can be whatever the heck the author wants them to be.

11. Brad

It's mean but funny as hell.

12. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahahahahahaha.

Twilight is so over rated. And edward looks like a druggie hobo.

13. Emberstone

Well, the thing is, vampires in meyer's books really only share one thing with vampires, and thats the word vampire...the thing is, they do not share any other charicateristics... most wont even drink blood, unless it is animal blood. they dont burn in the sun... they don't have fangs... they dont have adversions to things that are good or holy... they sparkle... the list goes on of all the things vampires are that meyer doesnt write, and all they things they are not, that she does write.

What meyer did was not reinvent vampires. What she did was to play out her *by her own admissions* sexual fantasy about being whisked away by a unnaturally hawt stalker, who she decided to call a vampire as if to make it seem more romantic when he saves her, bella/stephenie meyer.

The problem is, bella constantly puts herself in danger just so edward has to swoop in and save her... which isnt romantic... it is pschologically unsound.

"Hi, I am catherine mayfair, and I stabbed myself with a knife after calling for a ambulence, and blamed it on the man I love who is married to another woman..."

thats about the same. Putting oneself in peril so you can, in a warp and twisted way, have someone save the day and rescue you.

It scares me that people eat this dangerous sexual fantasie up, and some even try to emulate it.

While the guy who did this prank was, as one pointed out, a douchebag, as again, I agree this crosses lines... the lines were crossed the moment stephenie meyer started writing.

14. Beachboi92

i think this is absolutely hilarious and he is not a douche bag he gave them an awesome comedic show about why twilight is stupid hahahaha I would have paid as much money to see the twilight preview as i would to see them trick a bunch of people and make fun of it xD

15. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, i think my overall take is, i'd never be able to do anything that mean to people. Yes, they maybe are a little obsessed, but it's a pretty harmless obsession. And in general, I don't like practical jokes done at the expense of another person or group of people.

I think the idea was clever and interesting, but I would not have been happy if I'd been on the receiving end of this joke.

16. Greggers

SO TRUE!

90% of the people who bash twilight with a passion have NOT read the books, so bashing them is just in poor taste. I have read the books. I dont like them. Why dont i like them? Because i have a much higher standard of literature as im an english major :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Do i expect everyone to hate them? NO! They are great books if your not looking for something that is smart or written well. Alot of people just want an easy to follow book with lots of romance and suspense. It is something you read on a sunny day at the beach while tanning. Nothing too heavy. These books deliver that, and then some. Books like that are important.

As someone who went to the 10 pm screening of twilight the day before it offically opened and had to buy the tickets a week before, id be pissed at this. Its funny, but only if your the one on the stage laughing. Its not so funny if your a die hard fan of twilight who wanted to see New Moon. Irregardless of how you feel of New Moon, this was just cruel, and you have to admit that.

The last point is the important one though. Vampires are fiction. As someone who lives and breaths fiction and believes in the power of literature and free speech, I feel it is a very important right that anyone who wants to tackle the subject of vampires gets to treat is whatever way they want. Its not like "Vampire" is a copyrighted character from a book or movie that Stephanie Myer is farting around with. It is fantasy, and she should be allowed to play around with the idea like clay, shaping it as she see fit. If we only looked at the world in one pair of eyes, think of all that we would be lacking. It takes many pairs of eyes all looking at the world differently to create everything we take for granted. Let her explore with the idea of "vampire", maybe it will influence another author to do the same and out of that will come a masterpiece.

#16 Greggers, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  17. Emberstone

Well, if you are going to write about something that is deeply ingrained with society, should you butcher it, and turn it into a my little ponies train wreck?

alot of writers reinvent vampires, by adding elements to them. Romance writers do it all the time. But they also keep them vampires.

It would be like me writing a book where there are oranges, and then, I dont call them that, and call them pineapples, even though they are orange, you peel them, they are segmented, and you can squize orange juice from them.

What use is there to call it a pineapple when it has really nothing to do with being a pineapple other then being a fruit?

What use is calling something a vampire if it shares really nothing in common with vampires... plus... remeber, at the end of breaking dawn, she decides that edward isnt a vampire anymore, he is a incubus... forgetting that a incubus is a demon who cant survive unless it is constantly having sex with people to steal their life energys. a hundred and seven year old virgin my ass.

If you are going to take something that is well developed already, and expand upon that, more power to you. But if you are going to take something that is well develop, throw everything out, and then make it sparkle and call it the same... dont, expecially if you cant write to save your life.

Butchering something is no excuse in my opinion.

Her books arent even that creative. For someone who claims she never reads vampire lit, she has alot that happens in her books that are poorly written plagerisations of scenes and concepts found in earlier vampire romance.

The whole meadow scene, if I remeber correctly was a ripoff i think of a far better scene in the vampire diaries which came out ten years earlier. The renesmee debacle is a crappily ripped off plot line from another vampire series.

The reasons her books are popular is that she filled it with immature lust. I have yet to see anything remotely romantic in her books. Stalking, pedophilla, misogentic abuse of woman... all of it is driven by lust, not love. When her characters say they love each other, it is always so shallow and stilted. Their emotions and actions are all forced, and dont ring true.

But some tween girls are so inlove with the idea of a overly hawt *but quite the dunderhead* boy who will follow them around, break into their bedrooms at night, and manipulate them constantly.

They arent popular because of plotting, or character development. Twilight has neither. the books ramble, and nothing of any true consequence happens. it just goes from one event to another, and she starts writing things, then they stop and she never finishes them. the characters were not developed in the beginning, and by the end, they really truly dont change or grow.

There are alot of reasons to be critical... but I am not convinced enough to do what this guy did.

I too am a english major, but I will never accept the "it's fiction..." excuse. Just because it is fiction doesnt mean the story doesnt have to work, make sense within the confines of the book(s), and not contradict itself constantly, like twilight does.

18. Shevanel

So if I saw the first Twilight (like I did), I'm allowed to "bash" it? Honestly it wasn't the worst movie in the world, and it was quite funny (unintentionally of course), and I guess there were some other redeeming qualities, but it wasn't a great movie. Nor was it a horrible movie. So I wouldn't so much "Bash" it, but other movies that deserve "bashing" are like You Got Served, and the recent spoof movies (Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans). Twilight is silly, and on bad end of mediocre, but it wasn't the worst movie or anything close to that at all.

Super-fanboyism is something that the super-fanboys themselves should be able to laugh at. Like come on, they have to know its silly (Mylifeistwilight.com), people need to have a laugh at their own ridiculousness sometimes.

19. Emberstone

When it gets to the level twilight fangurls have been taking it, it becomes scary.

They will cut their necks enough that they bleed, then go up to the actors and ask them to suck their blood apperently.

20. Connor22

YAY THEY'RE ALL SO STUPID!! THEY DON'T GET IT IT'S SO UNBELIEVABLY HOOKED UNTIL HE EXPLAINS TWICE THAT THERE ISN'T A VIEWING
    An now I lose all faith in humanity.