1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sci Fi Novels?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MusicIsLife, Dec 9, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

Soo recently ive been a real Sci-Fi esque mood, which is weird cause up til now i never much liked Sci Fi with the exception of Star Wars IV-VI and Star Trek Voyageur.

So that being said, what is a good sci fi novel for a newbie to this sort of fiction? I wanna read something new!

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They are not new books, but the wing commander books, based on the game, were good.

3. Gaetan

I found the author Timothy Zahn through his Star Wars novels (Heir to the Empire and it's two sequels are spectacular), but his Conqueror Trilogy was spectacular in my opinion. Conqueror's Pride, Conqueror's Heritage, and Conqueror's Legacy. It's about the distant future, obviously, when humans can travel through space relatively quickly. Humanity has met many alien races throughout the galaxy...and they come across the first completely new contact in half a century. Immediately after opening hailing communications, the aliens open fire and decimate the expedition.

The first book is written from the perspective of the humans, the second from the point of view of the aliens, and the third alternates by chapter. The whole thing was very, very good.

4. Hoppip

5. RaeofLite

Awesome. A fellow sci-fi nut. :grin:

I recommend all the Star wars EU (Extended Universe).

Other good sci-fi authors:
    Stephen Baxter
    Timothy Zahn
    R A Salvatore

(If I think of any others or pour over my bookshelf at home I'll get back to you).