1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killing in the Name for xmas number one

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by partietraumatic, Dec 13, 2009.

1. partietraumatic

Has anyone else seen the huge facebook driven campaign to make Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine number 1 at xmas, instead of the inevitable single from the winner of the xfactor.

I for one hope that it succeeds. Its already number 14 in the itunes chart. I would love it if we took back the power and showed simon cowell that he doesn't have say over who will ne number one.

Even tho i already own it i will certainly be buying it just to do my bit :slight_smile:

2. Ben

Ben

Has the group been removed now? I get redirected to the homepage.

3. partietraumatic

umm it shouldn't have been i don't think. i was on it yesterday...

4. riddlerno1

oh no, x factor should be xmas no 1. I completely agree that it does have a very strength of steel hold on the xmas no 1 and it should be more fair but i for one have loved x factor this year and it wont be simon cowell who suffers it will be the winner. Whats xmas if x factor ISNT no1. Its become a bit of tradition now.

5. partietraumatic

and its a tradition that has ruined the xmas charts. I used to listen. It used to be quite exciting to see who would be xmas number one. Now its not exciting atall. On top of that nobody else serious bothers to release music that week now as they know the xfactor dominates all.

I for one just think it would be fabulous to take that power back and show that the xfactor doesnt= a guaranteed number one regardless of the song

6. riddlerno1

Yeah but no one pays that much attention to the charts all year round so i dont get why people get upset with the whole xmas no 1. I dont usually know whos no 1 now anyway. I just think shows like xfactor and Britains got talent do entertain us (for those who watch it) and its a nice reward for the winner to get that no1. If that person is no good then we dont have to buy their other stuff.

7. partietraumatic

well we will probably always disagree :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: i just personally think the xfactor's guaranteed xmas number1 sums up alot of what i don't like about the music industry.

8. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah it's been deleted now! Which is total crap!!! Grrr Facebook!

9. partietraumatic

there is another one called like 'the rage xmas number one back up group' or something like that

i dont understand why they would delete it...

10. Harve

I love how RATM are about as far away from xmas as you can get. I doubt they'll keep up their position on itunes though, meh.

11. Shevanel

I heard about this on UG, I like RATM but I think this is just them being annoying, but hey whatever :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Doesn't affect me in the slightest, and its a bit funny really xD

12. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

no doubt simon cowell had something to do with the groups removal. he did happen to comment about it earlier this week. anyways i never heard the song and i dont want the x factor winner to get it either. i think the only real chance of it not getting to number 1 is susan boyle releasing something.

13. Harve

#1 on itunes now, wonder how long it'll hold.

14. partietraumatic

apparently RATM are gonna give the profits from the sales to charity, which is good to hear :slight_smile:

15. Harve

16. funkmonk

Im so pleased that there xmas number 1.

17. Jame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really thought Joe would get #1 but i guess its nice to see someone else get it instead of it being x factor every year, be interesting to see what happens next year

18. riddlerno1

I really wanted Joe to get No1. I really think he deserved it. But fair play RATM won the battle. But i still dont think it was for the right reasons of people liking their song. Matthew Wright was saying on his show that he had downloaded it 9 times but hasnt listened to it once. Surely thats just being spiteful for no good reason. Download it once!

19. Greggers

I for one love X factor.

I for one hate Joe.

I for one think making "The Climb" the winners single is the stupidest f-ing thing since Jedward.

I for one think Stacey should have won.

So adding that all together, i am very proud that RATM did this. Even though i dont know a single song of theirs.

20. partietraumatic

i just read the RATM had 'tens of thousands' of the singles discounted due to people like that bulk buying, they still won by 50 000 copies in the end, makes you wander how many they actually sold!

Im so so happy it was number one. Proper organic music, not written with money in mind. :slight_smile: