1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

for all the teck people Q

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by fabu2113, Dec 13, 2009.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

:smilewavewell im tryin to buy a pda small computer so i can view my emails and view websites that are important to me and that i need to view.but i dont know where to start does best buy have them.if possoble on line and what are memory range and price range.and if its just like useing a laptop.advice plz:grin:

2. Greggers

Do you want a "netbook"?

[​IMG]

That would be a small laptop (picked a picture with a person to give you some sort of an idea at how small) that is most often bought to use for surfing the web, e-mail and typing up quick documents in a word processor. It does most everything a laptop does, but it has less of everything (speed, storage capacity, ect.) One thing you should note is they do not have CD drives. You need to buy a CD drive with a USB cable to connect to your netbook.

The price range for these is very modest. Id say around 400 dollars average? You can find lower or higher end netbooks though. Also, keep in mind boxing day sales will get you a sweet deal on one.

3. shorty

Yep, the likes of eeepc's are pretty good value. They are pretty cheaply made, but ideal for throwing in a backpack and surfing/emails on the go.

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

A netbook is a cheap way to get exactly what you need. In regards to tech specs, they aren't great, but come with Windows XP to make up for that fact.

5. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

i was thicking more of a handheld size,wow those are small notbooks i might think about those.

6. adam88

I was considering a netbook just to carry around and write with, as my 13" Macbook pro weighs quite a bit for it's size. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: