1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rockband Question

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by stratavos, Dec 16, 2009.

1. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    ok so I grabbed the rockband 2 bundle pack in september, and The guitar has been glitchy as of late, and the guitars for rockband 2 for the Wii are scarce. I'm wondering of the guitars for Beetles Rockband are compatible with Rockband 2 (considering rockband and rockband 2 controllers don't play nicely with each other). Does anybody know? (that and they cost about $100 each here in Canada so it's kinda costly to replace on a student's budget)

2. Shevanel

Well I don't know about Wii Rock Band Controllers, but I know with the 360 and stuff, the Rock Band guitar controllers themselves are annoying, so I just use the Guitar Hero 3 controller, because its pretty much the best one. I'm not sure if they've got compatibility with the Wii versions of Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but if they do, try to get a GH Controller. Make sure it'll work on the Wii Rock Band though.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Considering they are made by the same company, I'd imagine they would be compatible.

4. x2x2x2x2y2

Im 99.99% sure they work together.

5. SlickyPants

Before you run out and buy a new one I would try visiting http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/rockband.php and going through the steps to have it replaced. They have a couple of options for shipping, one of which they simply send you a new guitar and you put the defective one in the box and use the return-shipping label that comes with the new one to mail it back. I've had to do this once for the guitar and another time for the drum pedal. It was relatively painless and shipping was very quick.

If you are intent on buying a new guitar for Rock Band then I would recommend the Guitar Hero 3 one. You could probably find it for about 30 bucks or so. The fret buttons and strum-bar are a little different than the Rock Band controller but I always found it more comfortable.

Edit: The Guitar Hero 3 controller has worked on every Rock Band and Guitar Hero game so far for me. I'm on the Xbox 360 if that makes any difference.

6. Emberstone

I prefer the guitar hero wii controller to the rockband periphials. They just seem more stable to me.

I have a guitar hero wii controller and a Guitar hero usb microphone for playing beatles rockband. the mic was 10 bucks used, and the guitar was 30 bucks. they work great for rockband, and from what I have heard, the guitar hero gear is more stable and better manafactured.

now if only I could figure out how to go into rockstar/whatever it is in rockband mode with the mic. when I do get it to activate, I dont know how.

7. x2x2x2x2y2

ditto!! the GH guitars feel so much better then the RB ones. as for drums...well im on the fence. :slight_smile:

8. Jerr

I don't do Wii...

But Rockback controllers for my have been 3,000 times better then Guitar Hero controllers...

I have both wireless and have NEVER had issues with either of mine. (I prefer the Rockband 2 Guitar over my Rockband 1 guitar. The buttons are a little more sensitive which makes sliding from one note to the other easier.)

Guitar Hero 3 Controllers are suppose to be compatible with Rockband 1 and 2, but I've never liked them. The whole buttons coming out of the guitar gives me pained fingers when sliding from one note to the next.

Beatles Rockband controllers should be the same as Rockband 2 controllers... other then some Beatles graphics or something to make them look special. I don't plan on purchasing it so I haven't looked into it.

9. Shevanel

The Rock Band Controller's "strum" thing hurt my wrist to use. There is like no feedback like the GH controller has. I don't really know how to explain it.

10. x2x2x2x2y2

i know exactly what you mean. :slight_smile:

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only ever stick to the singing for RockBand/Guitar Hero lol because I can't guitar with them worth a damn. I know that doesn't help, just was saying is all lol