1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffy's Back! (Sort Of)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JB1986, Dec 19, 2009.

1. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    According to AfterElton.com, the greatest series in the history of television, "Buffy The Vampire Slayer," will be airing on the Logo and MTV networks starting in January. They're gonna have an 18 hour Buffy marathon on Logo on New Year's Day too! Now I of course own the entire series on DVD, but I'm still excited for this. I think I've already made my New Year's Day plans. Plastered in front of my TV with the Scoobies. :grin:

buffy-the-vampire-slayer.jpg

Here's a link: http://www.afterelton.com/blog/dorothysnarker/buffy-heads-to-mtv-logo

2. Greggers

*cough* For those of us who also read Afterellen, the article is actually from earlier this week on THAT site :slight_smile:

Anyways, i am SO excited. I hope the MTV i get in Canada also plays it :frowning2: (MTV2 i think? I have like three "MTV"ish channels though)

Ironicly, i just got season 1 and 2 on DVD today. Ill get the rest...slowly...

3. Bradley James

awww... I thought it was a film! Guess I should have paid attention to that "sort of" clause at the end...

4. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Eh. I own all the episodes on DVD already. I'm actually just making my way through the second season for the seventh time.
    Plus, I don't have cable here so it's not like I could watch them if I wanted to.

5. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I have all 7 season on dvd so i may just lock myself away and hybernate with buffy and emerge in a few days sleep deprived

6. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I was just so excited about this bit of Buffy News with everybody. Now,if they did make a movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nicholas Brendon, Alyson Hannigan, and Anthony Steward Head, and if Joss Whedon wrote and directed it, I would have to hire someone to revive me, since I wouldsurely have passed out from sheer excitement. :slight_smile:

7. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Start passing out. But it will be from the horror.

Buffy without Joss Whedon. It's like chocolate cake without chocolate: Why the fuck are you calling it chocolate cake?!

(Sorry. This whole thing makes me want to RAGE.)

#7 Numfarh, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2009
  8. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh, I heard about that a few months ago. It made me sick then, and still makesme sick. Why would they attempt a relaunch without Joss Whedon?! I think I died a little inside. :frowning2:

9. Greggers

The thing take makes me the most angry is that GOD AWFUL poll attached to that article.

REALLY? Kirstin Stewart as Buffy? FUCK! >_<

10. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm excited about seeing reruns of this show again, cable reruns were what got me into this show. I've yet to get the DVD's yet but I plan to.

And yeah, the upcoming movie sounds like a big sack of fail.

11. Oh, HELL NO. >:[

12. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Why isn't Sarah Michelle Geller even on the poll SHE IS BUFFY

13. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

All the actors refuse to come back to the series unless Joss is involved. Point of fact, some of them have even said they wouldn't go watch the movie at all. Alyson Hannigan and Anthony Stewart-Head have both publicly spoken out against the movie.

#13 Numfarh, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
  14. Greggers

I will not go see the movie either. I might go so far as to not speak to anyone i know who does go the movie.

Buffy is not just a TV series. Its a lifestyle. Unlike my gayness...

15. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree, Buffy has always been far more than a TV series to me. It's like my gayness (for me at least), Buffy is a part of me. I don't know what I'd do without Buffy. :grin:

And Kristin Stewart as Buffy?! Seriously?! What. The. FUCK?! The thought makes me die a little more inside. :frowning2: