1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by partietraumatic, Dec 22, 2009.

1. partietraumatic

Has anyone else seen it? I just got back from seeing it.

Obviously there has been alot of hype about it being 15 years in the making and costing $300million, making it the most expensive movie ever.

So i was pretty intrigued. I thought it was really good. Really enjoyable. It was like 3 hours long, but i wasnt bored at any point, which is a good measure of how enjoyable it was.

The CGI is mind blowing and the 3D is great :slight_smile:

Main downsides are that it is kinda predictable and cliched. There are no surprises or anything original from the story line.

Also James Cameron is hardly subtle with his themes (war in iraq,destruction of our eco systems etc) but thats neither good or bad.

All in all i think it was a really good film. But worth the money and time, im not sure. For the amount of work and money that has been put into it youre kind of expecting something of a classic, and i dont feel it is that.

I would give it 9/10.

Anyone else seen it wanna share their thoughts?

2. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    7/10 min blowing graphics not such agood story . not so interesting either dosnt make me want to see it again for a while

3. I liked it. I'd see it again. I don't really have any complains, although you're right that the plotline is fairly unoriginal. I'd change one thing about it, though: I'd take out the last second of the movie. The part where he opens his eyes. I think it would have been nice to end in suspense.

4. Meropspusillus

Plus, it leaves even more room for the sequel. The entire trailer could just be slowly zooming in on his eyes while ominous music played.

I really liked it, the plot was cliche, but it was, in my opinion, better written than the cliche. Sure, I've seen this before, but even just looking at the screenplay, this time, it's better.
    On top of that, it's visually amazing. I really liked it, and I also like how non-subtle the movie is. SUBTLETY IS FOR THE WEAK!

5. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I really liked it. I found it very entertaining, and so what if the plot was cliche? It was still portrayed really well. The artwork and visual effects were gorgeous, and the 3-D was awesome.

Overall a 9/10. I was really impressed.

6. TroubledRyan

9/10 I would die to see it again!The story line was fairly predictable,but it was still such a great movie!!!

Nd,there might not be a sequal,that may be why they ended it as they did,I really don't see how they would make a sequal,inless the humans came back...

7. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i not seen it yet, i do wanna see it. the 3 hours is a slight put off tho.

8. NickT

I just saw it, and I loved it!

And really, what sort of script IS original? Hasn't everything been done already? I feel that even if they threw in some surprises you'd still go, "The script was unoriginal..." My friend says that there was too much romance, and I was going, "I was too busy noticing his abs..."

You just know Rule 34 is gonna go all out on this movie >_>;

9. x2x2x2x2y2

It looks boring and stupid...but as a movie lover i feel obligated to see it, so i will probably see it sometime right after christmas or new years. lol

10. RaeofLite

I saw it last night. I loved it. I'd say 9 or 10/10. :slight_smile: Yes there was romance, but I loved the colours, the interesting species and the fact that humans were portrayed as parasitic/evil trying to dominate over their need for greed..

There aren't many movies where the aliens are portrayed as good considering one entire race was alien vs. humans rather than mixed on both sides.

11. I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but you know the mineral they were mining, unobtanium? That's actually a term for any material that is impossible or impractical because of high cost or extreme rarity. It's funny that they named the mineral in such an obvious way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got a habit of prejudging movies that i haven't seen... and this one looks terrible, lol

i'll wait for it to come out on DVD then give it a try... after all, i thought i would hate austin powers 3!!!

13. Techcompu2

I saw it on opening night. I give it a 10/10. sure the story line was predictable but it was a great movie IMO. Visually amazing.

14. partietraumatic

thats an interesting point, its a nice change, tho obviously coz he was trying to make a point about destroying our planet. Also another recent film where we have been the bad guys- District 9?

15. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

I just saw it and i thought it was truely amazing. I love everything about this movie. It is a predictable movie but it made me feel like i was there experiencing everything with them. I love movies and I really fealt like this was one of the best ive seen in a long time

16. kettleoffish

I really enjoyed it 9.5/10 from me. It lost the 0.5 for unoriginality in the plot, even though I thought it worked really well and was well told so didn't really take away from the film much. The visuals were incredible, definitely worth seeing in 3D I might add, and the attention to detail was fantastic.

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love it to death.

18. Shady

I saw it in 3D christmas eve, and i was blown away!! Like paople have said, the plot was predictable, but i prefer to use the term "tried and true". It was like Disney's Pocahontas mixed with Fern Gully, but in the most amazing CGI animation I have EVER seen! I was on the edge of my seat the ENTIRE time!! and the Na'vi were sooo amazing!! The plot may not have been original, but the creativity, design, and avatar angle was.

I give it a 9.8/10, simply because no-one believes a 10/10 :slight_smile:

19. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    I saw it two weeks ago I liked it alot it remined me of ferngully except the guy becomes on of theM I thought all of the effects were really impressive I really enjoyed it