1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acer aspire 1640

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by fallendream, Dec 25, 2009.

1. fallendream

your my last stop EC! tech forums have this far failed me (but ive only been looking for 6 hours so what do i know?)

i got an acer aspire 1640 laptop for christmas but when i turn it on the keyboard and touchpad dont work; if i plug it in to the charger and remove the battery pack, tap the touchpad and then reinsert the battery pack itll work fine.
    whats a permanent fix? i need to do a bunch of stuff on this (like typing and printing) and i cant get it into a tech untill monday at the earliest and if i pay a fee.
    any help will be much appreciated - i can also supply any more details if needed

the fee is £50.00 its free if i wait untill the 10th of january >.<
    the laptop itself was only £160.00 (cheap for laptops) so i dont want to pay £50.00 anytime soon.

2. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

If you are in in the UK under the distance and selling regulations you can send it back at NO COST if its faulty (If bought online) as it sounds like a big problem. OR USB Mouse and keyboard?

3. fallendream

id need to go buy a usb mouse and keyboard;
    i cant send it back to where bought because i bought it at a VERY busy independent trader >.<

he adds a fee around the holiday season =(

4. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Ah so its shop bought? Not online. Even then its a faulty item therefore they have to replace it or fix it at no cost if its less than 7 days. If not rogue traders. :grin:

5. fallendream

i told the family; im getting taken to the shop on monday if i cant find a fix. so any ideas before then will be good =D

6. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Just a USB mouse and keyboard. That's all I can think until Monday. :grin: you don't want to be poking about in it and possibly breaking it more. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: