1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texting/MSN/E-Mail/IS TECHNOLOGY RUINING OUR LIVES?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I HAVE to ask this question everyone, do you think technology is ruining our lives? And I ask this because we have people dumping one another through e-mail, texting and MSN, it's made us misunderstand our partners, it's caused us to mess up in relationships, it's caused so many problems for so many of us. Would you say though it really has ruined our lives? Or is it just a mistake we've made at times?

2. Lychee

No, I don;t think it's ruining our lives.
    I mean, if it weren't for technology, this website wouldn't exist, and people would have nowhere to go and no one to talk to about issues concerning their sexuality or whatever. Technology means it's easier to keep in contact with friends who are overseas, and it's a lot cheaper too. It has created stronger links between various countries, and has improved the quality of life of people around the world.

3. Ben

Ben

I don't know how people managed to cope living here before the time of technology! I would be bored out of my mind without the internet to kill the hours with. The people without the internet in the village literally sit around watching television, gardening and knitting all day. At least with the internet I can be in touch with the rest of the world and not be too out of it.

4. riddlerno1

i wouldnt say its ruiining our lives as the poitives of technology do outweigh the negatives. But i would say its RUNNING our lives as everything we do now involves technology in some way.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm maybe I should of instead phrased the topic as

"Texting/MSN/E-mail/Is Instant Messaging Ruining Our Relationships"

lol :wink:

6. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

only the numptys that actually do that are the issue. it shows that they are cowards to do things personal face to face.

7. Helen

Helen Guest

I'm with gaz83, tbh technology just shows who's got enough balls to tell their partners important things right to their faces. And I certainly wouldn't be able to live without it, I'd have no friends :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Adam

My ex broke up with me by changing his relationship status to single on Facebook...
    Why would anyone do that!?

9. littledinosaurs

No, it is not. I'm sure the stupid people would have found other methods of inconsiderate behaviour had the internet not been available.
    If people break up via internet means that:
    A. the relationship wasn't valued to them.
    B. They are a trashy SOB.
    C. Possibly a very long distance relationship, but even then a phone call is better.

10. Just Adam

i think relationships are needed first for technology to ruin them.

11. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    only real problem with the internet is that the more it evolves the more people depend on it. what a distaster the world would go through if internet would suddenly stop working

12. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Haha it would be like that South Park episode and we would be travelling across the country into camps just to get a glimpse of the internet

But seriously technology hasn't ruined my life it has enhanced it and I don't think anybody can blame technology for the failure of there relationship cause it can't have been very strong in the first place

13. Adam

Technology just made it easier to break up, didn't change anything about it, they would still do it another way. Only good/bad part of it you can easily stalk others and find out just about anything.
    So many people have met online or threw texting or phone calls and got married or whatever its a great thing we have all those things. Especially for us gays to help us find others just like us like this website and help us with our problems.

14. isabella

IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New York State
    that is very true...ec has helped me with my sexuallity and knowing that there are alot of ppl out there that i can talk to about it

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah for sure....I met all my boyfriends thanks to the internet, but I'm MORE just saying that it's hard to understand the boyfriend I have now through texting because emotions are just not passed through texting is all I'm saying.