1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Big Four Grammy picks this year (out of the nominees)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Record of the Year: "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift
    Song of the Year: "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift
    Album of the Year: "Fearless" by Taylor Swift
    Best New Artist: The Ting Tings

I love GaGa, but Taylor has had a better year overall. GaGa will be around for far longer than Swift.

2. flymetothemoon

Record of the Year: Halo by Beyonce
    Song of the Year: You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift
    Album of the Year: Fearless by Taylor Swift
    Best New Artist: Zac Brown Band (probably won't actually happen lol but I like them better than the others...)

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're joking right? GaGa will fade out in two more years. Taylor however will be America's Country Princess for some time like another five to ten years. Even though I'm in Canada, she still has more talent in her pinky than Gaga has in her whole self....

So my picks are:

Record of the Year: Halo by Beyonce
    Song of the Year: You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift
    Album of the Year: Fearless by TS
    New Artist of the Year: I'm gonna say...Owl City. I know he's not "new" but he has come out of the woodwork with a top hit.

4. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Gaga better win something or I will....

Seriously though, Gaga writes songs, sings songs, she does her fashion. She has definitely been the defining and most influential artist of 2009. Four number one hits in a row and two spectacular music videos. Seriously, Taylor Swift has nothing on her.

5. frostreaver

Tell me when I'll get married since you can see the future.

But seriously, GaGa probably won't win any of the big four. Her best chances are in the dance field.

I'm thinking Kings of Leon for ROTY and SOTY with Taylor getting AOTY.

6. Emberstone

kanye west for biggest douchebag in the recording industry.

7. partietraumatic

i don't particularly like any of the nominees if im being honest.

My only wish is that 'i got a feeling' doesn't win. I will be mortified if it does.

MGMT should get best new artist.

8. Delusional?

Taylor Swift has yet to even transcend herself musically.
    Her debut and sophomore efforts are good at best but she can HARDLY sounds good live and her songwriting skills are pretty neat but GaGa has MUCH more talent than TSwift ever will.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM[/YOUTUBE]

Record of the Year: Poker Face - Lady GaGa
    Song of the Year: Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
    Album of the Year: The Fame - Lady GaGa
    New Artist of the Year: Silversun Pickups but I think MGMT will pick up that award

9. Phantasma

It's not a question of talent. The fact that Britney Spears is/was one of the wealthiest and most successful people in music this past decade should be proof enough of that. It's a question of which woman can market herself better towards sustainability in the target demographic of her individual genre of music. Miss Swift is likely going to remain America's little country darlin' for quite some time. Gaga will likely remain on top of the mainstream pop genre, or at least the more club-centric dance genre, so long as she doesn't pull a Cyndi Lauper.

Also, could you maybe post a link to the list of nominees? I'm not very familiar with the list yet.

10. This is true but I believe most will end up getting tired of Taylor Swift within the next 3 years at most.
    Lady GaGa is going to stay for a good 5-10 years more, I believe, so long as she continues to reinvent herself/music.

2010 52nd Annual Grammy Nominees

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well we were right about Record of the Year.

We were also right about Album.

And about Song lol

And you guys were right about New Artist, I wasn't lol. But I knew it wouldn't be Owl city lol

But still go my girl TS with 8 nominations, while GaGa got only 5, sorry guys!

But we must congratulate Beyonce for NINE nominations. Though one was a group collab but none the less. Woot to Beyonce!

#11 Revan, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  12. frostreaver

Getting the most noms doesn't mean anything. Ask India Arie.

The only reason why Beyonce and Taylor Swift got so many noms is because their genre has a lot of categories and they both submitted songs into the Pop field (GaGa did not). The dance field only has 2 categories compared to 8 for both R&B and country fields.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mhm >_> Or they also are two of the most talented singers out there. Just saying.

14. frostreaver

Lol Taylor Swift isn't a talented singer. Beyonce yes, but not Taylor. Everyone in the pop female vocal category is 100 times a better singer than Taylor except maybe Katy Perry. Sure, she doesn't sound horrible live, but Taylor doesn't have much range.

#14 frostreaver, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  15. Even if Taylor had a range she wouldn't know what to do with it.
    She just isn't a gifted singer, sadly.

I really hope this year's Grammy event isn't dominated by one artist. I hate when that happens at award shows.
    Nearly every artist nominated deserves recognition for their talent this year.

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why the Taylor hating? I don't understand it. I guess you're like Kanye West. I'm sorry but I just disagree with you and apparently most of America does too. Seeing as how You Belong With Me won at the MTV Music Video awards and last I checked they count talent too. Whereas GaGa only won Best New Artist.

But moving on, whatever, we'll see what happens with the Grammys. Let them choose, not our own personal opinions.

17. frostreaver

I don't hate Taylor Swift. In fact, I do like some of her songs. You can call GaGa talentless but we can't call out Taylor for being a weak vocalist...

And the VMAs never awarded talent. Never was and never will.

As for the Grammys, I think Taylor will win a few (and she deserves some of them), she's too popular to be ignored and seems to have the support of the music industry.

18. I don't hate her but I feel she gets the sympathy vote and no one should get the sympathy vote. I can't call her talentless but so far she has so much recognition that she, I feel, doesn't deserve.
    I hate Kanye West.

The VMAs are a joke to be honest. Some of the most talented people go acknowledged and that applies to EVERY award show.

19. Phantasma

This. Did Kanye do a dick thing? Yes. But people reacted to that far too much. It's a fricken' VMA. Every bleach-blonde auto-tuned tramp to come out of Hollywood in the last 10 years has one. It's not like she was winning the Nobel Prize. Oh, and can we stop arguing Taylor vs. Gaga? It's clear that neither of you are willing to concede to the other, so might as well save yourselves the time.

20. musican

So true. India has so much talent.

I think that the reason that Taylor is so popular is because her songs are easily relatable and can be enjoyed by the country loving crowd as well as the pop loving crowd. She doesn't have an incredible range, but neither do most popular singers nowadays.

I'll be very surprised if Lady Gaga doesn't win for Album of The Year. And even though I'm not too keen on Single Ladies, I'm pretty sure that Beyonce will pick up an award for that as well.